Tires for 20" Rims

M1GarandGuy

Established Member
What are you guys doing for tires for 20" wheels? I presently have the 18" stockers on my truck and have thought about going to the Factory Reproduction '01/'02 20" for show season. What size? Brand? Thanx!

MJG

Established Member
I use to have Falken Ziex S/Ts in 295-40-20 and they were cheap.
Traction was minimal but tire lasted long and looked good. Don't expect much grip on any tire.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I'm running Falkens on mine. Since I'm a Tire Rack and Discount Tire installer, I got them there. They look good, but like MJG said, don't expect a ton of grip from them.

I've been wanting to go back to 18s (or smaller) since I'm getting into drag racing my L more.

M1GarandGuy

Established Member
You guys are great. Thank you for the help. I guess I'll stick to my 18's. I'm going to need a cleaner set - mine are somewhat chewed. Anywhere I can get OE or replica 18's?

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
not to bash all of you that have falkens. ive heard so many bad reviews about those tires that i stayed away. the bf's are worth every penny + they are half price on tirerack. they hook better than my 18'' hankooks in the rain

69stang

Experienced Lurker
Established Member
295-40-20 Falkens here....:nonono: At least they were cheap.
It is encouraging to know that there are better tires out there though, I'd almost given up on 20's ENTIRELY because of the complete lack of traction when running these tires. I must have forgotten that you get what you pay for :shrug:.

eabigrick

Established Member
i got nitto triple nickles on mine and they are bout as garbage as garbage gets. i only run 25lbs in the rear and they still slip and slide around. never been impressed with their drag radials either.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I run 275/40/R20 Hankooks on my truck. The rollout on mine are the exact same as 295/45/18's. They were 106 a tire. Been trying to sell them for a week or two now. They are in the Tire/Wheel section for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread