tires for 19x9 rims

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
Im looking into what tires i should go with for my 19x9 wheels. I run the same tire size all around, i currently have 255/40/19 pirelli pzero summer tires. I have about 400hp right now and traction is really hit or miss for me i spin 50 percent if the time when i and trip to drive aggressively.

I was looking at getting something wider to help with traction, possibly a 275/35/19??

This is my daily driver that is driven about 10k miles per year with the occasional track day or trip to the drag strip thrown in there. And i like to have some fun on the street. I live in south florida so the car never sees snow or temps under 40, but it does see a fair amount of rain and thunderstorms.

Any suggestions? I was looking at the nittos, bfg, hankooks.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post NASCAR5.0.

Tire size 275/40-19 is a good size to run on your OEM wheels. This size is just over a 1/2" taller and 3/4" wider when compared to your OEM 255/40-19's.

For what you are looking for out of your next set of tires I recommend running the BFG Comp2. This model has fantastic wet and dry grip and is rated for 30K+ miles. We currently do not stock this model in the 275/40-19 size but we can order a set in for you. Our current cost per tire is only $259.00 per tire with FREE delivery.

Last edited:

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
how would these compare in terms of dry grip and tread wear to the Nitto NT05 in 275/35/19 and the Hankook ventus v12 and BFG KDW2?

Which tire has the softest/firmest sidewalls?

Why would the 275/40 be better over the 275/35? I just looked and it seems they are releasing the Comp2 in 275/35 pretty soon.

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
The Comp2 is available through BFG now and has better wet and dry grip/handling when compared to the V12 and KDW NT. The Comp2 is the replacement for the KDW NT. Between these three models the Comp2 has the stiffer sidewall. The NT05 runs in a different class and is more geared for dry use. It will have better overall dry grip and the stiffest sidewall.

The 275/35-19 is an option for you as well but it is shorter than the stock tires by about 1/2". The 275/40-19 size is just over a 1/2" taller when compared to the stock tires. It's not much of a difference but when it comes to low profile tires every bit of rubber helps.

Users who are viewing this thread