Tires (295/30/18) Rear

FMartinGT

Established Member
Howdy,
Went to my local tire shop seeing what they had in stock while my car is being worked on (hail storm ripped through our area). He has a set of Yoko's 295/30/18 tires 2 of them. Theres good news and bad news. Bad news, tire isnt being made anymore, slightly different tread compared to the new tire. Good news, for the two tires it will only cost me 150$! So, i need new tires anyway, and these tires look great. Only problem is I wont be able to match them with another Yoko since this tire has been discontinued.Was looking at tires with similar tread patterns and Sumitomo HTR ZII has the closest looking tread. Anyway - was seeing what yall thought about the deal im getting. 150, for 2 tires is cheaper than a cheap tire.. lol. Also running 295/30/18 im going to have to match the radius of that rear tires.. anyone know a close match as far as radius goes? Thanks a ton yall!

Massie02GT

Established Member
I would say if they're in good shape to pick them up. I assume you do have a 10" rear wheel, right? I'm running a BFG 295 on my 02 GT with a 245/40 up front and it looks good. Not real sure what you're asking, though. I also paid close to 300 per rear wheel for mine brand new, so I'd say you're getting one hell of a deal, though I have to be honest and say I don't know much about the Yoko's as far as grip and everything goes.

Boss002

Established Member
Do you just drive the car, drag, or autocross or hpde?

I would stick with all the same tread type for auto x or hpde, otherwise who cares, throw them on the back and enjoy the discount.

I piked up (4) discountinued 275/40/18 eagle f1s for $135 a piece, and I'm running them on all 4 because auto x

FMartinGT

Established Member
I would say if they're in good shape to pick them up. I assume you do have a 10" rear wheel, right? I'm running a BFG 295 on my 02 GT with a 245/40 up front and it looks good. Not real sure what you're asking, though. I also paid close to 300 per rear wheel for mine brand new, so I'd say you're getting one hell of a deal, though I have to be honest and say I don't know much about the Yoko's as far as grip and everything goes.

Do you have a picture of the car from the side? I was looking at the tire again and it seems rather short haha. I have H&R springs and the car has been lowered but Im not sure now if the tire height will look good. I've just never had a car with two different threads.. Your running a 295/30? or 35?

Massie02GT

Established Member
Unfortunately these are as close to side shots as I have right now. I'm currently on leave and across the country from the car, but when I get back I can take some different ones if you want/need me to. Also, I have 295/35. Sorry for the confusion. I highly doubt that the 30's will look much different than the 35s. It's not that much of a difference.

093.jpg

DSCN0364.jpg

FMartinGT

Established Member
Awesome car man. Love the Cobra bumper, was going to switch mine out but I wanted to spend more on my tires and rims than a bumper. But, checked the tire sizes and 295/30 compared to 295/35 is .6 more than the other. I may just buy 285/35 Rear and 275/35 for the front.. Never knew it would be this difficult to pick out rims..

Massie02GT

Established Member
Awesome car man. Love the Cobra bumper, was going to switch mine out but I wanted to spend more on my tires and rims than a bumper. But, checked the tire sizes and 295/30 compared to 295/35 is .6 more than the other. I may just buy 285/35 Rear and 275/35 for the front.. Never knew it would be this difficult to pick out rims..

I appreciate the complement! And that's totally understandable. The wheels/tires on a car really make or break it. I'd go with wheels first, too.

Interested in selling those man? I'm very interested.

Sellin what, brotha-man? The C springs?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread