Tire size questions

bumplime

Established Member
When looking for new tires I've noticed that the manucturers specs differ from one another. Not all 295/35/20s are the same size. Some are wider than others etc. Same goes for other sizes. Can anyone clue me in other than that it's not something that is regulated. I noticed one tire in a 305 is the same as another manufacturers 295. The same goes for the cost of tires. Mania furred differ greatly on their prices. One 305 is 250.00 and another is nearly 500.00 per tire. Are they really that different?

Also when looking at tire size, is there a significant advantage/disadvantage to a 295/305/315...30/35? Ideally I'd run as close to factory height as possible but even that is a challenge. Currently I've got Shelby Razors but I'm looking at 18's as well as 19's in a wider wheel. I'm having trouble justifying the cost of having my Razors widened. Any and all input is appreciated.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
When looking for new tires I've noticed that the manucturers specs differ from one another. Not all 295/35/20s are the same size. Some are wider than others etc. Same goes for other sizes. Can anyone clue me in other than that it's not something that is regulated. I noticed one tire in a 305 is the same as another manufacturers 295. The same goes for the cost of tires. Mania furred differ greatly on their prices. One 305 is 250.00 and another is nearly 500.00 per tire. Are they really that different?

Also when looking at tire size, is there a significant advantage/disadvantage to a 295/305/315...30/35? Ideally I'd run as close to factory height as possible but even that is a challenge. Currently I've got Shelby Razors but I'm looking at 18's as well as 19's in a wider wheel. I'm having trouble justifying the cost of having my Razors widened. Any and all input is appreciated.

Tire widths have always been tricky. Contact patch gets crazy with some.

You really need to do your homework on compounds/ratings as this can get real pricey.

The profile means alot if you plan on lowering the car. I'm running 315/30/20's since I wanted to stay as close to the OEM ride height. Being that I lowered my car, it works well with the stance and I have no issues rubbing...

g/l

Users who are viewing this thread