tire recommendation - telling, not asking

motorcitycobra

Established Member
I had Nitto 555s on the car and for dry and wet weather I was VERY happy with them. Dry traction and ride was fantastic and wet weather cornerning was top notch. A little too much on the go pedal would get it loose though and induce wheelhop in the IRS (you guys w/ stock IRS setups know what I'm talking about).

Winter traction was horrid however. I've driven Mustangs and muscle cars year 'round since I could drive (20 yrs) and have NEVER had a car as bad in the snow as this past year. I knew a lot of it was the tire so I recently made the decision to put new tires on it. I installed (4) 255/45/ZR17 BFG KDWS I got from http://www.discounttiredirect.com . These may be the best tires I've put on a car to date. Dry traction may be even better than the Nittos (says the second gear scratch) and wet weather traction is vastly improved and I had no real complaints w/ the Nittos there. Acceleration in rain has yet to produce wheelspin or axle hop under slightly agressive acceleration. I'll post how they do in the snow but, as of now, I'd highly recommend these for a 4-season Mustang driver. If the wife's 330i needs a better tire for winter it's getting a set of these for sure.

I had planned to get them siped after my initial drive on them but may not even need to do that. :thumbsup:

motorcitycobra

Established Member
Agree w/ that comment 100% Chris. Just wanted to share experience w/ both tires. For non-inclement weather use I'd still recommend the Nittos. They're a great tire, especially for the money. I'm giving the Nittos to my old roomate for his fair-weather-only Mustang.

K???
Dry
Wet
Snow

K is for Killer? LOL Read somewhere it stood for "key" as in "keyword".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread