Tire question for the experts on here

Trblmkr

Established Member
During the recent accident with my Cobra, they had to replace the left side with 2 brand new tires the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KD.

The new tires are not the same model as the ones on my right side. The right side has BF Goodrich T/A Comps (17K miles on them). The left side has BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KD.

Now my question for you guys is..would it be safe to take the two new tires and put them on the front or back (which is better)? Take one of the old tires and put it on the left side so I'll have two new one on the front (or back) and the two old ones on the opposite end.

These tires are the Z rated tires and they are directional. There is an arrow on the tire that states which direction they are to rotate when mounted on the car.

When you order them they have to be ordered by either the left side or the right side.

These prices are from tirerack.com

245/45YR17 Left $239
245/45YR17 Right $239

I've been told by several people that the tires aren't that old yet for it to cause a problem going against the arrow on the tire.

Would a tire place pro-rate a tire exchange if going against the direction specified on the tire???

Give them my older tires in exchange for a price break on the newer ones ??

blackfang

Established Member
NO!! Don't put them on the rear. The BFG G-Force KD tires are a left and ride side only tire. You can't put a left side tire on the right without any premature wear. I should know i had them. I would either get right side KD tires or get rid of them and get new T/A's. The G-Force is not known for it's traction, it's known for it's handling. You just happened to have the best dry traction G-Force tire offered. That is why they are so expensive. I had 255/40/17's and i wanted 275/40/17, and they were just under 300 a tire.

Users who are viewing this thread