Tire question for all the 13-14 owners here.......

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I like the rims that you showed.Mine is in the shop to get pistons and rods.I hope i can get my cams as well.I luv street racing.I do the roll race thing.My favorite color on a 13-14 GT500 is race red,then grabber blue.

Thanks and got it. Did not know if you were asking about mine being in the shop or yours was. That answers it. I like almost all the colors on the 13/14 GT500's except maybe the Silver. Red Candy, Race Red and Ruby Red are my favorites. Almost bought a beautiful Race Red 2014 but did not want the white stripes but would have bought if it had black stripes. Same with Grabber Blue but only with black stripes. I was not as much concerned about the color as much as finding a low mile one owner GT500.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
mine had str
Thanks and got it. Did not know if you were asking about mine being in the shop or yours was. That answers it. I like almost all the colors on the 13/14 GT500's except maybe the Silver. Red Candy, Race Red and Ruby Red are my favorites. Almost bought a beautiful Race Red 2014 but did not want the white stripes but would have bought if it had black stripes. Same with Grabber Blue but only with black stripes. I was not as much concerned about the color as much as finding a low mile one owner GT500.
Mine had stripes on it,and i took them off.To me it looks better.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I luv street racing.I do the roll race thing.

My street racing days were so long ago but I had a blast doing it. My 69 GTO Judge was one of my favorite street racers. Its so hard to do around the roads and highways here in NJ. I have a habit of attracting cops though. Lost my license twice in 2 years from 17-19 years old because of speeding and racing tickets. But I still drive fast just no more racing. In my area of NW NJ its very hard to take spirited drives because all the mountain roads are 35mph. Thankfully I am 5 minutes from the NY state border so I go there for spirited runs thru the onion fields sections of Pine Island.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
My street racing days were so long ago but I had a blast doing it. My 69 GTO Judge was one of my favorite street racers. Its so hard to do around the roads and highways here in NJ. I have a habit of attracting cops though. Lost my license twice in 2 years from 17-19 years old because of speeding and racing tickets. But I still drive fast just no more racing. In my area of NW NJ its very hard to take spirited drives because all the mountain roads are 35mph. Thankfully I am 5 minutes from the NY state border so I go there for spirited runs thru the onion fields sections of Pine Island.
I hear ya on that.There is a spot close by me and it is a flat smooth road for 3.4 miles I think.There some cars that use it.At some point after my car is done,the car will shoot for over 200 mph.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I hear ya on that.There is a spot close by me and it is a flat smooth road for 3.4 miles I think.There some cars that use it.At some point after my car is done,the car will shoot for over 200 mph.

Nice. Would love to test the top end of my GT500 but here in the Northeast not too many spots you can do that safely or not get thrown in jail. Plus our roads suck big time. They come down very hard here in NJ on high speed drivers.....that get caught. Its most all motorcycles that don't get caught. I watched a pocket rocket bike running from cops on Route 287 in NJ a few months ago and there was 6 patrol cars chasing/racing to get him. I doubt they ever caught that bike. The race car is a different story.

Just be safe out there with the street racing and high speed runs.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Nice. Would love to test the top end of my GT500 but here in the Northeast not too many spots you can do that safely or not get thrown in jail. Plus our roads suck big time. They come down very hard here in NJ on high speed drivers.....that get caught. Its most all motorcycles that don't get caught. I watched a pocket rocket bike running from cops on Route 287 in NJ a few months ago and there was 6 patrol cars chasing/racing to get him. I doubt they ever caught that bike. The race car is a different story.

Just be safe out there with the street racing and high speed runs.
I will.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
How big of tires can you run up front. Can I take my stock rear wheels 9.5 run them up from front and wide the other two to 11.5 . Will that work.

There are threads on this forum about widening the factory rims. You have 19" front and 20" rears, so not sure you want to widen the 19s and swap to the rear unless you specifically want 20" up front and 19" rear.

The rear 20s can go up front but they require a spacer. Not sure how they look when done. I've read about guys doing it but not seen pics.

The rear 20s can be widened to 10.5" and no spacer is needed. I am widened to 10.75" and it required a 3 mm spacer to help avoid rub. 11"+ you will need a spacer and longer studs.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread