• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Tire question for all the 13-14 owners here.......

Discussion in '2013-14 Shelby GT500' started by 04MysticCobra, Oct 30, 2020.

1. 1Kona_Venom

1Kona_Venom Glass Roof Mafia Premium Member Established Member Party Liquor Posse

I ran a 285/35 R888 on a 20X10 (Alcoas) Perfect
    Running a 305/35 on a 9.5" would be outside my comfort zone.
    Toyo recommends 10"-12" for a 305/35

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    04MysticCobra and Norton like this.
  2. WicK

WicK 2 fast 4 u Established Member

The 285s is what I would do actually from reading with the toyos! Maybe some time I might widen the stock rims to 10.5

Norton likes this.
  3. Kel

Kel Active Member Established Member

My stock GY's are sitting on the original PP Wheels in the basement, mint condition...1800 miles on them when I put the Alcoa and Nitto's on. Unfortunately only a few more thousand miles on that combo too!

4. Jam421

Jam421 Jam421 Established Member

Can I ask if anyone knows the Treadwidth or footprint of the 315/30/20 Proxes R888R ?
    I should be replacing my 305x35x20 MT ET Streets . I'm running 11" TSW rims.

5. Norton

Norton Long-time SVT Enthusiast Established Member

I have no first-hand experience with them but, according to Toyo, approved rim width for them is "10.5-11.0-11.5", so you should be fine.
    Capture.JPG

6. Jam421

Jam421 Jam421 Established Member

Thanks Norton....saw that. They list the sidewall width which is good for us not to get a tire that sticks out . The 305x35x20 MT ET Street list tread width of 11". I was just curious if the bigger 315 Toyo's have a bit more of a footprint.
    I love my Sticky Mickeys ...they truly work on my set up. But there have been some vids on the Toyo R888's hooking harder. That's YouTube for ya!

WicK and Norton like this.
  7. upnorthguy

upnorthguy Member Established Member

How big of tires can you run up front. Can I take my stock rear wheels 9.5 run them up from front and wide the other two to 11.5 . Will that work.

8. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

No longer original factory tires now huh? Well, I got some bad news for ya bro. Ur 3175 mile car is NO LONGER STOCK with different tires and u could no longer sell and list it as being "STOCK" cause changing tires im told is "MODIFYING" ur car. Yea, I know it sounds ****ing stupid!

This was a debate we had last year and I was told by many members if the car doesn't have original stock tires its no longer "STOCK".

And if u add ANY other tire than the original tire then the car is no longer stock and therefore "MODIFIED". I said what happens when they stop making the original tire? I heard nothing but crickets......

Personally, I think its the dumbest ****ing thing ive ever heard but hey some ppl are stuck on stupid their whole life!

Norton and 04MysticCobra like this.
  9. svt662

svt662 Well-Known Member Established Member

And this is why I removed my original wheels & tires at around 500 miles.... Still Stock! 9312546E-ED9E-4A04-BF01-CE807C3CCFD0.jpeg 9312546E-ED9E-4A04-BF01-CE807C3CCFD0.jpeg

GNBRETT, 04MysticCobra and Norton like this.
  10. 04MysticCobra

04MysticCobra Well-Known Member Established Member

LOL....it sounds stupid but you are right. Unfortunately I would have never owned two 13/14 GT500's if I had to run the factory GY's on the car. They are the worst tire ever for this vehicle. When my tire guy took them off the base wheels he just laughed and tossed them in the garbage. They were like hockey pucks...lol. I thought about keeping them for garage ornaments but do not want to own Goodyear anything. I have 4 vehicles and none of them will ever wear Goodyear tires. As you might have seen Ford has ran away from Goodyear the last 7 years for good reason.

Believe me after owning 12 Mustangs mostly show cars I know about STOCK very well. For showing it would not be stock anymore if it was in a points based show. That is about it.

11. Norton

Norton Long-time SVT Enthusiast Established Member

Yes. That's stupid, but I believe it. Some people are just that way. :rolleyes:

Base Wheels FTW! ;)

I stored my SVTPP wheels early-on, replacing them with Base Wheels from another SVTP member on the east coast. I sold both sets of GY tires because they were junk to begin with and will be totally worthless (and unsafe) beyond about 10 years of age.

04MysticCobra likes this.
  12. 04MysticCobra

Yes on the Base Wheels. I kept the original base wheels from my latest 13 GT500 and stored them for down the road when I will put some PS4's on them. Totally agree on the GY's pure junk. I need to get some pics posted soon on my latest wheel/tire combo. Base Wheels of course.....

ShelbyGT5HUN and Norton like this.
  13. Cobra Therapy

Cobra Therapy Member Established Member

I have aftermarket rims and run a 295/30/20 up front,and 325/30/20 out back,on cup 2 tires.

14. blue 07

blue 07 Well-Known Member Established Member

Nice setup, those are some big tires all around. Pics ?

15. Cobra Therapy

blue 07, Norton, svt662 and 1 other person like this.
  16. 04MysticCobra

Great looking GT500 and nicely done Cobra Therapy.

17. Cobra Therapy

Thank you,and i luv the color on yours.Its in the shop now.

04MysticCobra likes this.
  18. 04MysticCobra

Thanks Cobra. Not in the shop but waited 4 months to get the GT500 titled and registered here in NJ because of the mess with the DMV. Finally they got smart and made it by appointment only. I like the wheels/tires that you put on and it looks like You, 1Kona_Venom and myself are the few who like black wheels on the GT500. I need to get some good pics this weekend of my new to me 2013. Most have been down of late with black wheels on any car. I love them. I had black rims on my white 95 Cobra R back in the day when nobody was doing it and still love black today.

Since my street racing days are long over and not far away from a dirt nap...lol....I will be enjoying my GT500 mostly as a cruiser. Just love hearing the sound of that engine and its music to my ears.

And by the way I wanted a black GT500 when I ordered my first 2014 but ended up with Ruby Red and looked at some Black ones before getting the 2013 Red Candy. Being a long time detailer I know that black is the best color on any car when its detailed. I have owned black vehicles in the past including my 2004 Lightning and 2013 ST. The Reds make me a little less crazy anal then I have been with detailing my black vehicles....lol.

A pic of the wheel that is going on my 2013....

DSC_0223.JPG

Norton likes this.
  19. svt662

svt662 Well-Known Member Established Member

I
    looking Good! Lets hear that Bad Boy run!

20. Cobra Therapy

I like the rims that you showed.Mine is in the shop to get pistons and rods.I hope i can get my cams as well.I luv street racing.I do the roll race thing.My favorite color on a 13-14 GT500 is race red,then grabber blue.