Tire hunt, ugh, trying to avoid a very expensive nail.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I'm running MPSS 275/30R20's up front, I picked up a big ass nail/washer thing on the highway that is not repairable on the tire. I can't find a replacement anywhere. And of course they're not even manufacturing these at present so TireRack is saying 2 months maybe for one to be available. Anyone know of one of these being around?

I'm trying to avoid having to replace both fronts, since they have like 3k miles on them & the other tire is like new, otherwise I'd have to go 275/35R20 times two, which they have in stock but makes it a $650 flat fix, barf.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Yea and then some. It's right off the sidewall, and it had some kind of washer on the nail like thing that slices a gash in the tire also, so it's chunked badly, sucks hard.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I looked for some for a friend last week, no dice.

crucianpilot

Feel the need for speed!
Established Member
For what its worth, I have got tires from a used tire place in Clearwater FL that specializes in getting used high performance tires off exotic cars. I picked up a pair of 275/35/20 mpss tires for $220 mounted with 90% thread a while back. They get them off of ferraris and porsches whose owners use them for a few months and then get new tires. Pretty good deal.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
For what its worth, I have got tires from a used tire place in Clearwater FL that specializes in getting used high performance tires off exotic cars. I picked up a pair of 275/35/20 mpss tires for $220 mounted with 90% thread a while back. They get them off of ferraris and porsches whose owners use them for a few months and then get new tires. Pretty good deal.

Thanks, I just reached out to them on 2 tires as an option, I wouldn't think of doing it without a member recommendation, so thanks, I'll see what they say about a shipping option, etc.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Dang it, no luck on the used tire source, they have MPSSs but not in a size that'll work even if I do two. Thanks again though.

Users who are viewing this thread