Tire Help

coremaster21

Established Member
I recently purchased new wheels, 18x9.5 in the front and 18x11 in the back. Now I need tires and was looking for suggestions. Drag radials are out of the question because I may end up driving the car in the rain. I am also planning on lowering the car and do not want to roll the fenders if I do not have to. Wanted to go with a 305-315 width if that will work. I am not made of money so I do not need the best on the market. Thanks!

408Stang

Established Member
Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the only tire I'd buy, except for maybe Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

coremaster21

Established Member
Michelin Pilot Super Sport is the only tire I'd buy, except for maybe Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input but all I could find was a 295 and that was $400 a tire =0

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
How low do you plan on going and what are you using to achieve that?

Answer those questions and we can help you.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Toyo R888's end of story, without a doubt best tire available. 315/30/18 and 275/35/18. Tirecrawler.com, free shipping and great prices. Any ?'s feel free to pm me.

coremaster21

Established Member
How low do you plan on going and what are you using to achieve that?

Answer those questions and we can help you.
Was thinking about cutting 1 coil all around. I would like to close the wheel gap as much as possible without rubbing.

Toyo R888's end of story, without a doubt best tire available. 315/30/18 and 275/35/18. Tirecrawler.com, free shipping and great prices. Any ?'s feel free to pm me.
Thank you! Those are the tires I am leaning towards. My main concern was how they gripped in the rain.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I recently purchased new wheels, 18x9.5 in the front and 18x11 in the back. Now I need tires and was looking for suggestions. Drag radials are out of the question because I may end up driving the car in the rain. I am also planning on lowering the car and do not want to roll the fenders if I do not have to. Wanted to go with a 305-315 width if that will work. I am not made of money so I do not need the best on the market. Thanks!

This are rough in the rain..

Try terminator facts and questions..it should have largest wheel with out fender roll..

Shaved irs bolt would be a must I would think..

I just did my first set of nittos. .I'm about ready for new..been 2yrs and 50,000 miles..

I want to go fat in back this time but keep stock wheel..

I've been hesitant being a dd..can't rotate.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Was thinking about cutting 1 coil all around. I would like to close the wheel gap as much as possible without rubbing.

Thank you! Those are the tires I am leaning towards. My main concern was how they gripped in the rain.

I live in Fl, plenty of rain here and I've never had a problem with the Toyo's in the rain. Obviously they are a wide tire so reasonable caution should be used as with any wide tire in the rain especially if the tread is worn low. But again those are cautions that apply to any tire. I ran 295/35/18's bfg's on a 10.5 afs replica wheel without rolled fenders and never had an issue with the fenders. I recommend just going ahead and rolling them though. Find someone who has done it a few times to help you out, then just heat the fender with a heat gun a little and take your time. When you see those 315's sitting all fat and pretty out back you will be glad you did.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member

had r888's on all four corners, not good on wet roads the one time I've ever been caught out in the rain. They leave a lot to be desired IMO

hotcobra03

Established Member
What is the off set on rims you purchaced..this could play factor

Just went thru this on our tundra..trying to fit largest wheels on a 2wd without a lift..

Went 20x10 -12 off set 305 50 tire..made wheels stick out past fender ..but looKS mean
Btw..what offset are wheels

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
If you want to drop the car really low and have 18x11's out back, you will most likely have to roll the fenders or you will risk rubbing or even cutting into your new tires with the rear fenders. When I first bought my car, it was dropped pretty low on cut springs in the front and Eibach springs on the rear, and the fender was cutting into my rear left side tire from just driving it around. It had Nitto 555R's then. I put in H&R Race Springs to raise the car, and had the fenders rolled before I bought new rear tires. My set up now is 18x9 and 18x10.5, Nitto 555's 275/35/18 and Toyo R888's 305/35/18, and I don't have any issues with driving in the rain, no rubbing or damage to the tires anymore, and the Toyo's seem to be lasting me. I do drive a little more cautiously in the rain, but I haven't had any scares with the Toyo's to date. I have plenty of meat left on the Toyo's, and they have ~6k miles on them so far.

Oh, and definitely get the MM low profile bolts. If you don't have 'em yet, shoot me a pm. I have them still sealed in the bag they came in from MM just sitting in my garage. I bought them and wound up not needing them (car already had them installed). Just spot me a few $'s for shipping, and their yours.

Last edited:

coremaster21

Established Member
What is the off set on rims you purchaced..this could play factor

Just went thru this on our tundra..trying to fit largest wheels on a 2wd without a lift..

Went 20x10 -12 off set 305 50 tire..made wheels stick out past fender ..but looKS mean

Btw..what offset are wheels
Unfortunately, I am not sure about the offset. All I know is the wheels are 3 piece D110's from CCW. I do know that the backspacing in the front is 6.25" and the rears are 6.75", the lip is 2" in the front and 3.5" in the rear if that helps at all.
If you want to drop the car really low and have 18x11's out back, you will most likely have to roll the fenders or you will risk rubbing or even cutting into your new tires with the rear fenders. When I first bought my car, it was dropped pretty low on cut springs in the front and Eibach springs on the rear, and the fender was cutting into my rear left side tire from just driving it around. It had Nitto 555R's then. I put in H&R Race Springs to raise the car, and had the fenders rolled before I bought new rear tires. My set up now is 18x9 and 18x10.5, Nitto 555's 275/35/18 and Toyo R888's 305/35/18, and I don't have any issues with driving in the rain, no rubbing or damage to the tires anymore, and the Toyo's seem to be lasting me. I do drive a little more cautiously in the rain, but I haven't had any scares with the Toyo's to date. I have plenty of meat left on the Toyo's, and they have ~6k miles on them so far.

Oh, and definitely get the MM low profile bolts. If you don't have 'em yet, shoot me a pm. I have them still sealed in the bag they came in from MM just sitting in my garage. I bought them and wound up not needing them (car already had them installed). Just spot me a few $'s for shipping, and their yours.
That is awesome man, I would really appreciate that!

Users who are viewing this thread