Tire Help--Nitto 335

svtrookie

Established Member
Hello,

I am about to purchase AFS 18x9 fronts and 18x10.5 rear cobra replica wheels. I am currently on the fence about tire selection. I do not want a BFG drag radial or MT drag radial because they wear to quickly. Currently I have 17x9 stock good years on the front and Nitto 555R drag radials on the back. These tires have been good to me so far on the street and wear pretty well.

I have seen several threads about guys running 335 30 18 nitto 555r drag radials on the rear of their cobras. They have had to roll their fenders but that isn't a big deal. They look pretty killer from the rear!

A good example can be found here on post # 3.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...87-post-pics-335-30-18s-10-5-wide-wheels.html

Anyways, is this a good option for me? Also, what tires can I run in the front? What size do I need for the 18s? Does Nitto sell a street tire for the fronts?

If this seems like a good option can I please get a price on this tire selection?

2 street tires to fit the 18x9 fronts (preferably nitto so I have the same brand of tires all the way around.
2 Nitto drag radials to fit the 18x10.5

Thank you

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the post svtrookie. We would be happy to help you with your tire needs.

I agree, 335's on the rear looks killer and if you're happy with the NT555R I say stick with them. Like you mentioned, this model is the best overall street drag radial on the market today. The only issue I see with this setup on your application is the rim width. Per Nitto, the approved rim width range for their NT555R in size 335/30-18 is 11.5" to 12.5" with 12" being the most ideal. When you pinch a tire that is to wide for the wheel you cause excessive heat build up which can lead to uneven tread wear and worst case, tire failure. The ideal fitment for your 18x10.5's is the NT555R in size 305/35-18.

As far as the front fitment goes, the ideal fitment for the front that is approved for your 18x9's is tire size 275/35-18. Nitto builds their NT555 Extreme Performance which is the best matching tire to run with the NT555R drag radial.

As you may know, shipping and sales tax is free for MD. residents :rockon: That said, here are the links with our current mail order prices on the models listed above.

I hope this information helps. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread