Tire Comparison....Drag Radial

02KenneBell

Established Member
I had a set of BF Goodrich g-force Drag Radials and I loved them all except for the wear factor. I am considering another set this season however I was wondering how they stood up against the Nitto NT555r's. They will be mounted on a 2002 Kenne Bell Supercharged Mustang GT....any opinions are greatly appreciated! Tire size 315/35/17

charlesemmanuel

Established Member
ive got some 315 nittos on my pullied cobra and its a hit or miss with them...goes one of three ways...ill either wheel hop like crazy blow them off but sometimes they stick...i wanted some mickey thompsons but i daily drive mine and knew the nittos last a little longer but i regret not going with the mickey thompsons...friend of mine has the 315 bfg g-force radials on his twin turbo cobra on 18's and he can get it to stick pretty well unless he just brake boosts it then its a hit or miss...nether him or i have really tried it from a stop though...hope this helps...

02KenneBell

Established Member
I think I'll try another set of BFG's....They always hooked up for me......if they wear...I'll get another set....your post was helpful...Thanks!!!

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Its a catch 22, to be sticky they need to be soft, to last longer, they need to be hard. Someone needs to invent a tire that grows like finger nails.... we'll maybe not, I would be out of a job.

Based off the treadware the 555's should last a little longer(not by much though). I am going to stress should because it will be all in the way to drive and maintain them. In this case you might notice a slight drop in grip but it shouldn't be anything drastic.

Last edited:

02KenneBell

Established Member
I'll look into them...I was happy with the traction my first set of BFG's had. I will have to think quick because I plan on ordering them soon.....

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Mickey Thompson's are for serious people, not old farts.
Quit f@cking around and buy a set already!

Venom351R

Established Member
Love my MT ET Streets, first pass on them at the track I cut a 1.808 and hit my first 12 with this car when the Nittos could only manage 2.0+ 60" and low 13's

Insane2000Stang

Established Member
I run 315/35/17 MT's everyday. They wear a little quick but 2 sets a year for a DD that see's a lot of action isn't too bad (i almost always warm em up pretty good too)

VoodooSNK

Established Member
I've had the BFG and now the Nitto's and the BFG hook up BY FAR better. But the Nitto's have a lot more tread and they aren't wearing nearly as fast as the BFG's

Users who are viewing this thread