Tips and tricks for installing Lethal H-Pipe

02_Lightning

Established Member
Hi - I want to buy the Lethal H-pipe and install that (plus tune to fix CEL). I am keeping the factory exhaust on the car because I love the sound... just want to remove the cats. Any tips on removal / install? Car only has 11k miles on it, so no corrosion on stuff.

efnfast

Established Member
unbolting the stock h-pipe is easy - undo the o2 sensors, undo 4 bolts on 2 band clamps at the catback/h-pipe joint, undo 2 bolts on either side where manifold connects to it, it drops out

installation of the lethal H is equally easy, but make sure you test fit the slip-fit joints first. For the life of me I could not get the pieces to mate together. I brought it to an exhaust shop and they had to expand the slip-fit joints slightly because they were not flared out wide enough.

I spent 3 hours trying to massage the slip-fit joints together and it just wasn't happening because they weren't flared properly. Disappointed in the QC, but the fix was easy at least and once installed in the car fitment is good.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Do yourself a favor. Passenger side upstream O2. Loosen h-pipe bolts, loosen O2 and twist it to take off. Don't bother trying to disconnect from connector waaayyyy up in the tunnel. Count the times twisted to remove and then twist the same amount of times and then re-install in the lethal. Driver side is in the manifold so no need to remove. I struggled and eventually read to do this, saved me so much damn time.
As efnfast said, check flanges, I had a hard time getting a good seal with the driver's side. Don't forget to heat cycle and re-tighten after words. They tend to loosen up.

GTMAN212

Established Member
If you can use a lift. I dont know how guys do this on floor I tried and it was a pain in the ass, much easier with a lift if you have access to it. You might also have to re adjust your rear mufflers as well because when I put my xpipe on last week my mufflers were all out of alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread