Tipping restaurant servers

quad

Established Member
I usually tip 20%. With some restaurants like Ford's Garage I'll also tip 20% for carryout. They bring the food to your car. Their shrimp with boom boom sauce is excellent. Also like their burgers and fries. I would recommend them for those that have not been. Ate at Dearborn numerous times and once in Florida and both were about equal in food quality and service.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Reflect drug testing to what is more or less nationally legal and I bet there would be more people applying.
True. However that's a whole different conversation.

I just did this for about 4 months at a local pizzeria not 2 far from me. I swear I noticed the biggest house's give the worst tips. The average house's I would do much better on. They don't have a clue on shit. They think a 4$ tip on a 70$ order is good.. ehh not really when it's a 7 mile round trip and I'm doing it in a mercury grand marquis
They didn't get rich by giving big tips. :ROFLMAO: Sorry... couldn't resist.

U.M.

utlong31

Established Member
I just did this for about 4 months at a local pizzeria not 2 far from me. I swear I noticed the biggest house's give the worst tips. The average house's I would do much better on. They don't have a clue on shit. They think a 4$ tip on a 70$ order is good.. ehh not really when it's a 7 mile round trip and I'm doing it in a mercury grand marquis

That’s what I remember from back in my dominos delivery days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
addendum : I see signs everywhere 'help wanted help wanted' - same with my customers

One of my buddies cant find someone to apprentice @ his machine shop.

PAID APPRENTICESHIP.

cant find anyone.

So is it really 'there's no jobs' or is it 'no one wants to work?'

With the government paying people to stay home, it is WITHOUT A DOUBT the latter.

I could get 10 jobs TODAY if I wanted. Of course they wont be comparable to what I do / make now, but no one started at the ****ing top....

i was gonna say - I see jobs open everywhere from minimum wage, no skill to over $20/hr. If you can't get a job right now, you're either applying for shit way out of your wheelhouse or you should consider a long walk off a short cliff.

Fat Boss

Established Member
i was gonna say - I see jobs open everywhere from minimum wage, no skill to over $20/hr. If you can't get a job right now, you're either applying for shit way out of your wheelhouse or you should consider a long walk off a short cliff.

The company I work for hired 3000+ people last year. Average hourly wage is probably about $75. There's no shortage of great jobs out there if you're willing to try. We don't hire "no skill" folks though. Entry jobs at my company (Lam Research) either require some assembly / technical , or purchasing / logistics knowledge. If you're 23 and graduating with a PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline, expect a starting wage of $70 an hour. We hire tons of kids like this every year, mostly born overseas but educated here in the US.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The company I work for hired 3000+ people last year. Average hourly wage is probably about $75. There's no shortage of great jobs out there if you're willing to try. We don't hire "no skill" folks though. Entry jobs at my company (Lam Research) either require some assembly / technical , or purchasing / logistics knowledge. If you're 23 and graduating with a PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline, expect a starting wage of $70 an hour. We hire tons of kids like this every year, mostly born overseas but educated here in the US.

my cousin will be finished with his masters in mechanical engineering from Georgia Tech (towards/at the top of his class) this summer if they offer all the needed classes. I can only imagine what his starting rate will be.

Fat Boss

Established Member
my cousin will be finished with his masters in mechanical engineering from Georgia Tech (towards/at the top of his class) this summer if they offer all the needed classes. I can only imagine what his starting rate will be.

Awesome! He'll do quite well with that pedigree, regardless of where he chooses to work.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
He damn sure will have a better go at it then those who choose creative writing or art history as their major!

U.M.

cChrisM

Cobra Builder
Established Member
What is the latest on tipping on wine with dinner? I have been told by waiters to tip 20%+ on the entire bill. So why does the tip go up based on the price of the wine? $65 bottle vs a $300 bottle, same service, I just chose something more expensive. I guess same argument for the rest of the meal and what you order. Used to be tip x wine.

FJohnny

Established Member
What is the latest on tipping on wine with dinner? I have been told by waiters to tip 20%+ on the entire bill. So why does the tip go up based on the price of the wine? $65 bottle vs a $300 bottle, same service, I just chose something more expensive. I guess same argument for the rest of the meal and what you order. Used to be tip x wine.

Lol. Good point.

I guess if you order the $300 bottle and tip 15% your waiter can take your $60, head to the liquor store and buy himself the same bottle at the store's $60 price before restaurant markup.

No wonder servers think it should be tipping on total bill.

Users who are viewing this thread