Tip Baffles for Magnaflows? Still Available?

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Hi guys. Anyone know if the Bassani (or Magnaflow) tip baffles are still available? If so from who?

I love the sound of my new Magnaflow catbacks at idle, low load and at WOT (NASCAR!!!!) but right at 1800 to 2100 RPM there is some fairly heavy drone.

Those that have installed the Bassani tip baffles were they for the 1999 to 2001 Cobra set up before they increased the tips to 4 inch dia??

Gord

cobra808

Established Member
Put a set of Bassani baffles in my Maggies. Fits fine. Got them off of e-bay. You can call Bassani direct but may have to make up an excuse that someone stole your baffles from your Bassani's.

Do a search. There's a bunch of threads on the baffles.

WC

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Why do some people have the "drone" and others don't with Magnaflows. I have no drone at all, just a nice exhaust note that changes with RPM and throttle opening. Is it possible that sometimes the installation prevents adequate movement in the rubber hangers, or too much movement? Anyone with any ideas?

03_Snake

Established Member
I put the Bassani inserts on my Magnaflow and it (to my ear) dramatically reduces the 2K drone.

However, my s-o-p meter feels less kick when they are in. They install with one bolt in less than 5 minutes.

I put them in when I know my wife will be riding with me, or I'm taking a long trip. Otherwise, they are out and sitting in my garage.

By the way, Bassani really F***ed me on the price. They were about $40US for the pair, but now are around $40 EACH.

And yes, I had to give them the "mine were stolen" bs.

FWIW...

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by GordsFord
...Those that have installed the Bassani tip baffles were they for the 1999 to 2001 Cobra set up before they increased the tips to 4 inch dia??

Don't try and pick a year; there are two different tip sizes- 3 1/2" and 4". Just tell them that you need baffles for the 3 1/2" tips. By ordering this way, you know you will get the right part; and you can't return them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by PhillyCobra
Why do some people have the "drone" and others don't with Magnaflows. I have no drone at all, just a nice exhaust note that changes with RPM and throttle opening.
Well, here's one thought. I noticed that you don't list an aftermarket catted-X pipe on your list of mods. I believe that the drone is accentuated with the catted-X pipe. If you only use the catback the drone is probably lesser to the point you might not notice it. Anyone else notice this?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by GordsFord
Thanks a lot everyone! Some good replies with usefull information. Guess I'll try the "stolen" route.

Gord
Or you could try asking a bassani dealer to order them for you.

tommygun

Established Member
call Rebecca Torres at bassani, she has been very helpful to me in the past

Users who are viewing this thread