Tints getting scratched on the inside?

Nuar

Established Member
Do any of you have a problem with your window tint getting scratched up on the inside of the car from rolling the windows down??
Mainly down the center of the window... Mine are starting to look pretty bad :/

If so, do have you figured out what is causing it? (I haven't taken the time to actually take the panels off yet)

Torchy

Established Member
I have always wondered the same thing man. Mine is only on the back corner of the wondow towards the rear at bottom of glass when its fully rolled up.

Nuar

Established Member
My passenger side does that in the very corner too :/
Glad I am not the only one with this crap...

Roushcornfed

Established Member
My 2011 ford replaced my tint because yes the felt pad inside the door in center of window scratched the tint bad. Then on my 13 I see it mark the back corner as well. Annoying.

Nuar

Established Member
I have to take the door panels off and figure out what is causing the damage... and then if I am able to fix it, I will need to retint the door windows :/
Spring project...

chao5.0

Established Member
have the same issue on my drivers side at the bottom rear of the glass, the only real issue with the car so I never thought of bringing it in.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Do any of you have a problem with your window tint getting scratched up on the inside of the car from rolling the windows down??
Mainly down the center of the window... Mine are starting to look pretty bad :/

If so, do have you figured out what is causing it? (I haven't taken the time to actually take the panels off yet)
I have always wondered the same thing man. Mine is only on the back corner of the wondow towards the rear at bottom of glass when its fully rolled up.
My passenger side does that in the very corner too :/
Glad I am not the only one with this crap...
have the same issue on my drivers side at the bottom rear of the glass, the only real issue with the car so I never thought of bringing it in.
Have you guys addressed this with your Ford Dealers? If not, bring them in and be sure to speak with your service manager as he is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember most repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

Nuar

Established Member
I haven't tried to go that route yet, but I might try since I need to bring the car in to at least fix my puddle lamps (the pony projection looks scratched up and they are not as bright anymore)

scott_0

Established Member
yup, mine does it too smh, Ive heard this shit called mole skin, applied over the felt, will cure it

scott_0

Established Member
Sounds like an installation error.

lol how's it an installation error if the scratches are coming from an existing part of the vehicle? you sound silly with that comment man smh

Users who are viewing this thread