Tint!!

jasoncb07

Established Member
pros and cons on 5% tint on rear window and side louvers? will be 20% on driver and passenger windows and a 32% strip across the top of the windshield. sound good or bad? not seeing out the back glass doesn't bother me.

noldevin

Established Member
Pros? Car will stay cooler inside in the summer. Looks good (except the windshield strip, imo)
Cons? Cops might bother you depending on location. 20% and 5% are illegal in Alablama (you are allowed max 32%)

jasoncb07

Established Member
yes I know its illegal but I know the majority of the cops in my area as im a firefighter. not worried about that too much. the car will stay cooler which is a huge plus but what is the drivability of essentially blacking out the back window and the small side windows?? does driving become dangerous??

04snakie

Established Member
^This. Also to me, it sucks trying to look out your 5% window at night and see nothing but your reflection lol. If you have dark interior 20%(18) will be dark enough. I have 20% on back of my car with 35% on the sides and I think it complements the theme well.

paulyboy928

Established Member
I don't think you'll have that big of a problem with cops. I have 20% on the doors are rear windshield. Whatever you do, make sure you get the ceramic tint! It makes a huge difference in the temperature of the inside. If the shop you like doesn't have it, find a shop that does. You won't regret it.

noldevin

Established Member
My car isn't tinted but I have driven cars with dark rear tint at night. I didn't like it, was very difficult to see.

t660

Established Member
Really depends if you're the type of person that can utilize your side mirrors alone and be fine with it. I drive a truck for a living so my rear view gets ignored out of habbit. 5% for me is no problem, plus it's legal where I live.

The window louver windows are kinda annoying to have blacked out though. I had some black vinyl on there when I had louvers on. I never noticed how much it hindered view until I took it off.

also, x2 for ceramic tint. some places will even offer a 92% tint for your windshield that really helps keeping temperatures down.

Zemedici

Established Member
Pros? Looks badass,

Cons? None - I've had 5% on every vehicle I've ever owned, and I dont drive like a jackass 16 year old, and have NEVER gotten a ticket for my tint.

Here's my 2015

DSC_5440.jpg

hutch311

Established Member
Llumar tint in my opinion is the best choice. Have it installed on all my vehicles. Always run 5% on the rear with 15% on the roll downs. The brow across the front windshield IMO wont look perfect because of the textured mustang graphic wont allow for a perfect adhesion of the film.

Canadian5.0

Established Member
I got 8% in the rear 3 windows. Not a problem backing up for me since I got a backup camera but I remember in my first car I did it didn't have one and backing up when it's raining in the dark was pretty much 0 visibility. I don't find having the sides tinted affects my visibility much at all, the blind spot mirrors work pretty well.

Only thing I dislike about the rear is I can't tell if there's a cop behind me at night.

_Snake_

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I'm still undecided. Lol probably go with 20 all the way around.

I have 5% all the way around and would do 20% next time. It's effin dark inside. And I've been driving with tinted windows for 25 years.

Zemedici

Established Member
Here's mine. Just got it done on Tuesday. 45 all around with a 5 percent strip on windshield.

gotta check local laws

Its illegal to have the strip here, and its a surefire way to get pulled over because its an easy ticket to write. Girlfriends car has a 15% strip about 6" down the windshield. I hate it. and she HAS gotten tickets for it. That's why I opted to do my entire windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread