Time to upgrade my suspension, a few questions....

LUV2REV

Established Member
I have a 2003 10th anniversary convertible that is making just over 600RWHP and has 70,000 KM's. It is lowered on Steeda Sport Springs and retains the original Bilstein HD's. Also has WMS FLSC's. I would like to upgrade the suspension and wanted some input. I understand the car will never be a superb handler being a convertible and weighing 3800+ pounds but want to make the most of it. I just want to stiffen it up as much as possible.

I'm considering either Bilstein or Koni Sport's, leaning more towards the Koni's as they allow for some adjustability. Don't know how much I would benefit going to a coil over set-up being a convertible. Is there a better option for me that I'm overlooking ?

I was also going to add the MM 3 point strut tower brace, camber plates and bump steer kit so I can get it properly aligned. It appears the MM camber plates only work with Bilstein's so would likely go with Steeda's 4 bolt camber plates instead if I opt for the Koni's.

Can anyone confirm if the MM strut brace will work with the Steeda camber plates ?

I have not done any of the IRS bushing upgrades, would that help in my quest to improve handling ? Anything else I can/should do to maximize handling ?

Last edited:

mkb116

Established Member
I've put MM caster camber plates on 3 different mustangs... None of which had bilsteins.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
My car is loaded with MM components. It handles very well for a mustang. My advice is to call MM and tell them what you are looking to get out of the car.
A street car that handles turns and has no wheel hop
OR more of a drag set up?
MM has also been there after modifing when I have questions and there customer service is great.
I have a 2.9 Whipple and then tower brace doesn't fit. It's to close to the blower. Do u have a aftermarket blower?

LUV2REV

Established Member
My car is loaded with MM components. It handles very well for a mustang. My advice is to call MM and tell them what you are looking to get out of the car.
A street car that handles turns and has no wheel hop
OR more of a drag set up?
MM has also been there after modifing when I have questions and there customer service is great.
I have a 2.9 Whipple and then tower brace doesn't fit. It's to close to the blower. Do u have a aftermarket blower?

Thanks. I have a 2.3 Whipple and they make a brace that will fit over it and the 2.6KB.

Users who are viewing this thread