Time to replace original battery

CDN5.0

Established Member
The OEM battery in my 14 track pack has packed it in so its time for a replacement. I used an Optima Red Top on my FactoryFive roadster and it works very well.
My question is: which do you prefer, Optima or AGM?
TIA
Scott

cheeser

Established Member
I had a cracked post on mine that allowed acid to escape. I decided on an Energizer battery from Batteries Plus...The Optima brand seems to be overpriced without any benefits. I haven’t seen an AGM style for our year mustangs.

I am going to switch to an AGM style on my 4Runner though...X2Power Premium AGM Battery.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Not to sound facetious, but Optima batteries are AGM. There isn't a 96R AGM but a group 47 or 48 AGM will fit in the battery tray and the positive post is on the right side, You'll need to install a longer hold down strap.
I installed the Advance Auto version on my 2014 last year, I paid 140 , Price has gone up to 170.

jgt58

Established Member
Advance auto has a 96 agm battery
Not to sound facetious, but Optima batteries are AGM. There isn't a 96R AGM but a group 47 or 48 AGM will fit in the battery tray and the positive post is on the right side, You'll need to install a longer hold down strap.
I installed the Advance Auto version on my 2014 last year, I paid 140 , Price has gone up to 170.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Buy an Interstate from Costco and be done with it.

this all the way. While I like Motorcraft I like Interstate a tad more. Optima went down hill starting about 2010ish. Prior you couldn’t beat those batteries. With a hit or miss QC and now with other companies in improving... the cost ratio isn’t there sadly.

jgt58

Established Member
Do you know who makes motorcraft batteries.... ?

Hint , not Ford....
this all the way. While I like Motorcraft I like Interstate a tad more. Optima went down hill starting about 2010ish. Prior you couldn’t beat those batteries. With a hit or miss QC and now with other companies in improving... the cost ratio isn’t there sadly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread