Time to REFINANCE the Cobra!! Need suggestions...

anteros511

Established Member
After being RAPED by DiBlasi Ford in Queens when trading in my '01 GT and putting $8800 down on the '03 Cobra @ 8.75% interest. I am finally deciding to refinance. (Also, I need to lower my $760/mo payment!!) I've never refinanced before so I'm looking for recommendations of where to go... I checked eLoan but I'd like to here frm you guys before I make any moves.

TIA!!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Ask the orginal lender if they know your leaving they might work somthing out.

I know as my vehicles get older I always refinanced every year to a lower intrest becasue i was going for a shorter term get it
You have 2 yrs left but paying interest on a 5 yr loan refinance over the phone for a 2 yr at lower intrest usually save me 1 month payment > Normaly they never say you can do that but you can just no one ever says so

Good luck

rmoreau

Established Member
:eek: :eek: $760/mo. Whats your term???

My payments were $560/mo, nothing down, MSRP, 6yrs. Its now paid off, but OMG nowhere near as bad as yours.

Randy

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Peoplefirst.com, hands down the best service along with the lowest rates. Everything is available online and you really don't get any better than this.

Current rate for 36mo = 4.25%

Check it out.

Good luck.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
wow... my rate was 4.9, they want 8.9 to start with!! I told them no, if they wanted to sell the car, they'd give me a HELL of an interest rate. Best bet, just hook up with a credit union, and get a better rate.. I'm looking to refinance within a year or two :)

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
AMTRUST bank 60 months at 3.95% and 72 at 4.9% if you are a 720 or better on your beacon

anteros511

Established Member
AMTRUST sounds like a decent deal. I went to their website but found nothing about auto. Do they serve customers in New York State? I was redirected to Ohio Savings Bank.

Originally posted by bbp42d
AMTRUST bank 60 months at 3.95% and 72 at 4.9% if you are a 720 or better on your beacon

97whitecobra

Established Member
Do Not give your SS # online. They are going to turn you into a lead and fire your number off to 50 places who are then going to contact you after pulling your credit report. Lots of inquires on your credit report in a short time are not good for your score.

The real truth about the old "when lenders compete you win"
As stated already, it's tough to beat a credit union rate if you qualify for it.

nj7703

Established Member
I got 4.9 thru Ford. I know what those 700+ payments are like, mine is 755. I only put down 500 bucks so my own fault. Try all the major banks too, Chase, Fleet, Wicovia. If you have the payment electronically taken out, sometimes you get a lower rate too. Good luck man:beer:

FoMoCoDave

Established Member
Try your credit union if you are a member. My CC finance me a 4.45%. I bought mine staight out from a friend who was fixing to trade it in for a 10th ann. car.

I ended up making payments on my 03 and the 99 Cobra that I was trying to sell in prep to buy the 03 for a couple of months. Not to mention insurance on both. Came out good on the 99 when it sold so it worked out well.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
As a first timer I got an 8.5% loan last year at my credit union, and now they are refinancing new customers at 4.49%...Exisiting customers don't qualify. SON of a...

I am looking into this too!

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by anteros511
AMTRUST sounds like a decent deal. I went to their website but found nothing about auto. Do they serve customers in New York State? I was redirected to Ohio Savings Bank.
my bad it is ohio savings bank. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread