Time to move onto my next project...

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Out with the new and in with the old. I am selling my 2012 Mustang GT and on the hunt for a '64 or '65 falcon hard top (sprint or futura) to get started on my dream car. The sale for my car is pending. It was on the market for an entire 2 hours before I got a serious buyer. I am getting a good deal on a friend of mine's 2002 Honda Accord, that I can have as a beater. Anyone have any leads for Falcons in Southern California?

Jroc

Established Member
Good luck I guess. You have a very nice GT with some great/smart mods though.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Jay Leno has one--don't guess that helps. I do see one once in a while on the right coast will let you know if I do. I do realize you are on the left coast but I see a nice one ever now and again.

Any interest in the 62-63

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Way to go man! I did the exact same thing. I've been working on my '69 Firebird for over a decade now. I now have a cool little compact car and my pickup. I can no devote more time and resources to my Firebird project.

I think the thing I realize most about the advantages of going back to old school is that you don't have any of the warranty/big auto issues you can run in to with modding a new car. If something brakes, you just fix it. No need to try and go around locating a mod friendly dealer etc.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I will post the numbers when the money goes into my account. Not much love for the 63 and earlier years, too bubbly for me. I know some people would like to kick me in the ass for getting rid of the '12 but I need something that I can get more hands on with that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg. I have wanted to build one of these cars since I was 13 and I figure that there is no better time than now. Thanks for the wishes guys.

coposrv

Established Member
Cool idea. I would have a hard time parting with your car though. Especially knowing I wouldn't be back in something fun for a few years.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to do something like a mid 60s Falcon, Comet, or Fairlane. I will probably look for one once my GT is finished. I am unsure of whether I want to do something like a 347 Turbo, modular Turbo, modular S/C setup.

What are your plans?

92hatchlx

Established Member
I want to do something like a mid 60s Falcon, Comet, or Fairlane. I will probably look for one once my GT is finished. I am unsure of whether I want to do something like a 347 Turbo, modular Turbo, modular S/C setup.

What are your plans?

Look for a running/driving Falcon that needs work. I will have the beater Honda to get me from point A to B. In the long run I want to drop a 408W in it. Unsure on trans. Want to have it painted copperhead orange (the same color that they put on the copperhead vipers) and either have the molding flat black or the recesses for the molding smoothed and painted flat black.
All around, just a good solid street rod that I can drive to car shows, the track or wherever the hell I want to go.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Something similar to this

1965_Ford_Falcon_Futura_Sprint_Coupe_289_Side_1.jpg

Except orange where the red is, and flat black where the white is.

This is the color I have been drooling over

2005_dodge_viper_copperhead.jpg

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a good plan and color. Only certain cars can pull off that color and I think a Falcon can.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Every time I hear about a Falcon project I think of the guy at ( I think) the ring kicking ass in one. It's a vid someone posted here a while back
Good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread