Time to experience some German engineering

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Love it. My old man had an '01 NA car. 6 speed stick. He took it to a local go cart race track, wide enough for 2 cars so big enough, for autocross. He loved it. Now he has a White NA 2014 vert 911 with the dual clutch auto. ****er also recently got a dark blue Cayenne S. I've been in both and they both move rather well. He has fun with them.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Beautiful car. Timeless design. You could have told me it was a 2021 and I wouldn't have known the difference which is a good thing. What was the MSRP?

trxcobra

Established Member
Love it. My old man had an '01 NA car. 6 speed stick. He took it to a local go cart race track, wide enough for 2 cars so big enough, for autocross. He loved it. Now he has a White NA 2014 vert 911 with the dual clutch auto. ****er also recently got a dark blue Cayenne S. I've been in both and they both move rather well. He has fun with them.
That's awesome! Looks like your dad has some good taste and enjoys his cars!

design. You could have told me it was a 2021 and I wouldn't have known the difference which is
Appreciate that! MRSP on this was $151k back in '02. I am not sure if I have seen any higher than that to be honest - porsche options really add up.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Your 911 is amazing and must be a blast to drive. Was able to go to the Zuffenhausen Porsche factory in Stuttgart, Germany in 2009 while I was in the USAF. It was a special day for the 20 of us who got to tour the entire factory. Amazing to see how the assembly works. The factory is in downtown Stuttgart and they have several buildings connected by overhead / under ground tunnels. Pic shows a conveyer system connecting two of the buildings.

i went there in 2015. unfortunately it happened to be during the summer when the entire factory was on 2 weeks vacation, so no tours. we did get to go to their museum which is amazing in itself. bucket list for sure, just be sure to find out about the factory tour in advance lol. the underground parking lot had a bunch of sick porches in it. not sure if employees or visitors. funny thing is, only saw ONE 911 out on the streets during my two week visit there. mostly just little diesel shitboxes lol.

trxcobra

Established Member
Talk about timeless. One of my bucket list cars is a 911.
I've checked off a few bucket lists in my day but this one feels different. Join the club!! Thanks man

Wow, that thing is incredibly tastefully modified. Big money between those HREs and Brembos.
I nearly fell over when I saw the price tag on these brembos. Appreciate the compliment, it is rare to find a car setup nearly exactly how you would have done it (especially when I know I couldn't fund this sort of build!).

Beautiful car OP.

A 911 turbo is a scary fast ride. Enjoy.
Thank you all for the kind words

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Very cool find! Unique car. Ive been trolling 911's for the last year with the thought I am going to grab the right one. After watching prices going straight up its becoming more difficult for me to justify. Congrats!

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Very cool find! Unique car. Ive been trolling 911's for the last year with the thought I am going to grab the right one. After watching prices going straight up its becoming more difficult for me to justify. Congrats!

Do it, you won't regret it and they aren't going to get any cheaper.

trxcobra

Established Member
Do it, you won't regret it and they aren't going to get any cheaper.
I agree with this statement, especially for the more analog generations with the Mezger engine. They will only become more desirable

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I agree with this statement, especially for the more analog generations with the Mezger engine. They will only become more desirable
Even a regular Carrera is a substantial car and very fun to drive. Anything in the 996 to 997 generation will give you that telepathic and analog feeling.
Though I just sold my '06 to my dealer and bought a 2012 Turbo S. But I'll start my own thread when I get it, don't want to hog yours.
I looked for a manual 07-09 Turbo Cab and couldn't find one with the right color and miles. I really wanted a manual 11-12 GTS Cab but they never come to market and when they do they want Turbo money.

Users who are viewing this thread