Time slip Question

silvercoffin

Established Member
When you are bracket racing and you redlight what does it say at the bottom of the slip?

if I was in the right lane and redlighted shouldn't it say right lane foul on the slip?

I am wondering becuase last time I raced it was real windy and all sorts of weird things were happening with the trees and finish line because of things being blown around i guess..

They announced that there was a blow through and that we needed to rerun btu then said that I redlighted so it didnt matter. They thought that just the other guys 1/4 mile and speed were wrong., But I was so sure that I didnt red light and then When I got home realized that it says left lane foul on the bottom of the slip and I was in the right lane. My red light did come on but I am quite sure I had a slow reaction time.

Anyway...my QUESTION is

When bracket racing... if the right laned red lighted shouldnt it say right lane foul on the bottom of the slip? Just like it says right lane first if you are first?

silvercoffin

Established Member
hmmmm

Well mine says foul on the bottom, but it says left lane foul and I was in the right lane. I guess every track does their slips different. It does have a -.125 for my RT but I am so sure I didnt cut that bad a red light. I saw the last yellow on solid before I launched and was thinking to myself ...that i just screwed up because I reacted so slow and next thing my red light came on. The whole day was wacky because of the wind and debris blowing across the track.

Its possible it was me. I have been red lighting more than usual since I got my snubber and can really launch now. I dont need to feather the clutch much anymore so I react quicker. I have been noticing its much easier to react to the light, but also much easier to red light now when I leave on the third yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread