Time for new tires!!

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Well my Goodyear Gatorbacks are finally getting pretty worn. They have lasted almost 25,000 miles and have worn VERY evenly. I only rotated them once. They have been excellent tires, very sticky, and worn well like I said. Now that it's time for replacing them I have decided to go with slightly wider tires. I'm keeping my factory 17" rims since I really like them and they're in good shape. My current size is 245/45-17. What replacement size would you recommend? I was thinking 265/40-17 sounds perfect since the tire diameter is almost exactly the same so there would be no screwing with the speed sensor. I was leaning towards the Pirelli P7000 summer tires. Does this sound like the right way to go to you guys? Thanks!:beer:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Okay, I kind of answered my own question. I decided to just stay home for once on a Saturday night and did some more research and found what I think's the best setup. I'm going with BFGoodrich G-Force KDW's 255/45-YR17. They were only $149/tire over at tirerack.com.

See, I stay home on a Saturday night and see what happens? I spend MORE money.:beer:

StangD281

Established Member
Mine are 245's....they were out of the 255's & I needed to pass inspection ASAP! Cullen Wharton has the 255's....its a minimal difference if any.

Topless In Tex

Established Member
:(

I got BRAND NEW tires before Autorama last Thanksgiving...they were the BF GoodRich G force TA/255/50ZR17. While I was detailing my car a couple of weeks ago, i noticed my back tires are SLICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO TREAD on the center!!!!!!!! and the wear lines are allready showing thru the front as well!!!!!!!
Should they NOT last MORE than a year?????? I dont wanna dump $850 into my tires every Thanksgiving! My car is a daily driver and has seen the track once or twice!
Am I better off going w/ another tire that will last a LITTLE longer, but then would my performance suck!?! :cryying:
Thank God the guys at Jiffy Lube love my car, it passes regardless! :) Please if ya'll can give me any suggestions on this...Is it not abnormal to have to replace your tires ONCE A YEAR????????????
TNT:shrug:

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
I just replaced my G-force's in may with some sumitomo HTRZ II's, my G-Force's lasted just past a year, but I don't drive the cobra every day. Check out tirerack.com they have great prices, I paid just over 500 bucks for my set of tires, 245-45 front and 275-40 rear, hope this helps

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Re: :(

Originally posted by Topless In Tex
NO TREAD on the center!!!!!!!!

If you have a lot more tread on the outside and slick in the center, your tire pressure is too high....

Users who are viewing this thread