Time for new tires.

onmywayout

Its about time for some new tires on my 13 Boss. Keeping the stock wheels, and given that the car is very lightly used maybe 1000-2000 miles per year I was thinking something more aggressive for fun. Maybe Pilot Sports 4S, or Pilot Sport Cup 2s.

Is anyone running these tires on stock wheels if so what size, and how do you like them?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I had Pilot Super Sports on my stock wheels. Completely transformed the car. I never had the PS4S, but my buddy does on his 15 GT and it is also a huge upgrade. Go for it.

linderpat

What else are you guys recommending? I have a new to me 2012 Leguna with the stock Pirellis on them, and it is time for new tires.

KBBoss302

Established Member
I have 285/35/20 Michelin PSS at all 4 corners on my Laguna and they are a lot better than the stock PZero Corsas (and approximately 8 million times better than the OE regular PZeros that on my 2012 Boss). I will probably try the Pilot Sport 4S next time. Also, look at the new Bridgestone S007A - I have them on another car and they are superb. Very sharp steering and stiff sidewalls but relatively quiet and refined feeling. They make them in stock Boss sizes.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have Pilot Sport 4S on my daily SS Sedan and they are amazing tires. I plan to get them on my Boss when it’s time for new tires.

00 SVT R

I know I'm getting in a little late on this thread but has anyone tried the Continental Extreme Contact Sports?
My 13 Boss has the original Pirellis and they are not what I would call "sticky". I've only had the car for about a year so I don't know if those tires were ever sticky??

Saleen498

Established Member
I know I'm getting in a little late on this thread but has anyone tried the Continental Extreme Contact Sports?
My 13 Boss has the original Pirellis and they are not what I would call "sticky". I've only had the car for about a year so I don't know if those tires were ever sticky??
I have them on my 15 gt and absolutely love them. I always used Michelin on everything I own but honesty for the money, the extremecontacts are the best street tire I've ever used

and Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

00 SVT R

I had the Michelin PSS on a 08 GT500. I thought they were a great tire but of late I have read some very good reviews on the Conteninental ECS's. I'm planning on an occasional autocross and one or two track days during the course of the summer.
Thanks for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread