Time for new spark plugs

blue 07

Established Member
I just had my supercharger ported and polished and the elbow was done along with the addition of a VMP 67 MM TB last year.Lots more air in so looking to replace the stock plugs and upgrade to NGK plugs. Am I right going with the NGK BR7IX plugs I hear great things about ? Im at 702wheels/730 tq now and going up from there but just looking to replace plugs. Your thoughts on these plugs? TY

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I just had my supercharger ported and polished and the elbow was done along with the addition of a VMP 67 MM TB last year.Lots more air in so looking to replace the stock plugs and upgrade to NGK plugs. Am I right going with the NGK BR7IX plugs I hear great things about ? Im at 702wheels/730 tq now and going up from there but just looking to replace plugs. Your thoughts on these plugs? TY
Nice upgrades, Jimmy! For the definitive word, I recommend checking with your tuner. FWIW, our power levels are similar and mine recommended NGK TR7-IX plugs.

blue 07

Established Member
Nice upgrades, Jimmy! For the definitive word, I recommend checking with your tuner. FWIW, our power levels are similar and mine recommended NGK TR7-IX plugs.
That's what I was wanting to here
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs - Heat Range 8 (03-04 Cobra; 07-14 GT500)
Item 64072. Where did you find yours ? American Muscle has them for $89 for a set of 8-Also adding a Metco Aux Idler Pulley as well to take up the slack. When we pulled off the blower you could see some material from the belt under the front of the blower.

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I personally run BR7EF plugs gapped at .30
I also run 0.030 gap. I know VMP pushes Brisk plugs, but I've heard mixed reports on them - some engines like them, while others don't.

That's what I was wanting to here
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs - Heat Range 8 (03-04 Cobra; 07-14 GT500)
Item 64072. Where did you find yours ? American Muscle has them for $89 for a set of 8-Also adding a Metco Aux Idler Pulley as well to take up the slack. When we pulled off the blower you could see some material from the belt under the front of the blower.
Mine are NGK Laser Iridium Performance Spark Plugs (03-04 Cobra; 07-14 GT500) Item 64019, which are TR7-IX (NGK Stock# 3690) / Heat Range 7 plugs. AM 64072 corresponds to NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs - Heat Range 8 (03-04 Cobra; 07-14 GT500), which are TR8-IX (NGK Stock# 3691) plugs. You really should check with your tuner to confirm what's right for your specific application and location/elevation. FWIW, I bought my first set through eBay and a spare set through Amazon. Make sure you deal with reputable sellers, however, to avoid conterfeit junk.

I installed a 90mm idler on mine for belt slack as well.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I personally run BR7EF plugs gapped at .30
+1 on the BR7EF on mine too. Some say idle and drivability can suffer with these, but I change mine so often they work great for me. I would personally recommend the 7 heat range with any plug you choise for increased boost. Just good easy insurance...

blue 07

Established Member
I also run 0.030 gap. I know VMP pushes Brisk plugs, but I've heard mixed reports on them - some engines like them, while others don't.

Mine are NGK Laser Iridium Performance Spark Plugs (03-04 Cobra; 07-14 GT500) Item 64019, which are TR7-IX (NGK Stock# 3690) / Heat Range 7 plugs. AM 64072 corresponds to NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs - Heat Range 8 (03-04 Cobra; 07-14 GT500), which are TR8-IX (NGK Stock# 3691) plugs. You really should check with your tuner to confirm what's right for your specific application and location/elevation. FWIW, I bought my first set through eBay and a spare set through Amazon. Make sure you deal with reputable sellers, however, to avoid conterfeit junk.

Thanks for the help !! Just bought from Summit, NGK TR7IX (14mm .708 reach) and Metco Aux Idler kit for Eaton TVS (MSI-90)

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
They fulfill fine.
I just ordered a set a few weeks ago. That problem was like a year ago to my knowledge.
I'm happy to hear you had no fulfillment issues, but many of us encountered problems with orders placed just a few months ago, as described in the thread I linked.

PM-Performance

Established Member
I'm happy to hear you had no fulfillment issues, but many of us encountered problems with orders placed just a few months ago, as described in the thread I linked.
Maybe that was a different fulfillment thing. Either way, its been panned out and I think they are cheaper than ever. Last I looked they were like $2.50 a plug a few weeks ago. I thought I got a great deal at like $3 a plug

Users who are viewing this thread