Time For a New Truck

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This morning my Mustang rolled out of the garage never to return. I never drove it to be honest. Think for a spell at least I'm done with cars altogether. So now I'm going to do something I've never afforded myself the opportunity to do which is to build and order a new vehicle, just as I want it. I'm sure this will be the only time I'll ever do it. I've looked at the Dodge TRX and to be honest as bad ass as it is the gas mileage and exterior looks deter me. So Raptor it is....been a want for many many years. I know what you're thinking....22 Raptor V8 Supercharged. Yeah that sounds great but with mark-ups, as far out as it is and availability I think it's an unrealistic want. I'm leaning with the Antimatter Blue even though I have been wanting a Lead Foot Grey for some time now. Velocity Blue is on the list but seems everyone has it. So Monday I'll order it from our local SVTP Rockstar 13COBRA. Thus far he has made this about as painless as can be which is much appreciated.

Currently the build is...
Antimatter Blue
801A High
Raptor 37 Performance Package
Power Tech Package
Graphics Delete
Carbon Fiber Package
Torsen Package
Convenience Package
Tow Technology Package
17" Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Capable Wheel
Bedliner – Tough Bed® Spray-In
Tonneau Pickup Box Cover – Hard Folding
No Moon Roof

Raptor1.PNG

Last edited:

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice! Man, I been contemplating the same idea in my head lately too. Dump the cobra and go back to a truck. But I’m not all in just yet. Lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Don’t blame ya a bit, I’m just too far into my Mach 1 vs what it’s worth to let it go. There’s something to be said for having a bad ass DD

and you know Nick will treat you right, hope it’s everything you want it to be

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats on your decision, good luck with your order, which seems to be a common logical path.
Selling my 11 GT500 ( Sept. 2017 ), put me in a 2017 F150. ( special order of course )

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Congrats OP, I've been contemplating getting new truck and have gone back and forth between the Super Duty, or Raptor. Good luck with it, I hope it gets to you soon.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats OP!!!
That is a beautiful truck. Very awesome build. Very close to how I would build mine if I were going to purchase one.
How does the chip/semiconductor shortage affect your build?

I saw two of them on my cruise yesterday morning. They are great looking trucks really. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the TRX trucks, but like you stated earlier, gas mileage will be a killer. I would need a second job just to keep gas in the tank, especially with the way prices are rising. :confused: o_O lol
I filled up my truck today with the 89 octane and it was $3.80 a gallon, but that is at Mobil. I'm fussy and will only use Mobil gas for both the truck and Mustang.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Congrats OP!!!
That is a beautiful truck. Very awesome build. Very close to how I would build mine if I were going to purchase one.
How does the chip/semiconductor shortage affect your build?

I saw two of them on my cruise yesterday morning. They are great looking trucks really. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the TRX trucks, but like you stated earlier, gas mileage will be a killer. I would need a second job just to keep gas in the tank, especially with the way prices are rising. :confused: o_O lol
I filled up my truck today with the 89 octane and it was $3.80 a gallon, but that is at Mobil. I'm fussy and will only use Mobil gas for both the truck and Mustang.
Thanks Brother! I know how it is affecting me at work with having a week off a month for the rest of the year. As far as Ford…I was told a couple months but if that’s pushed I’ll understand. I get up keep my truck till it’s at the dealer so it’s a win regardless. :)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Brother! I know how it is affecting me at work with having a week off a month for the rest of the year. As far as Ford…I was told a couple months but if that’s pushed I’ll understand. I get up keep my truck till it’s at the dealer so it’s a win regardless. :)
Hell yeah brother.
Awesome. Good luck and keep us posted.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
OP,....just one question.

How are you able to get the carbon fiber package and the Raptor 37 Performance Package together?
I built one similar to yours and it wouldn't let me select both.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats bro! For-warning though... the wait after you order is BRUTAL!!

Like a kid on Christmas eve for 60 straight days. I ordered a new truck in April, took delivery end of May and it was miserable!!!

That will be a beautiful truck, enjoy!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
OP,....just one question.

How are you able to get the carbon fiber package and the Raptor 37 Performance Package together?
I built one similar to yours and it wouldn't let me select both.
When you add the Performance Package it's listed. Unless I missed something which is entirely possible..lol
cf.PNG

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Congrats bro! For-warning though... the wait after you order is BRUTAL!!

Like a kid on Christmas eve for 60 straight days. I ordered a new truck in April, took delivery end of May and it was miserable!!!

That will be a beautiful truck, enjoy!
HAHAHAHA...of this I have NO DOUBT!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pleasure doing business with you :)

The wait begins!

Users who are viewing this thread