Tighten up the slack in the gas pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
This tip came from Ken (006), thanks for the writeup!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386791

1-1.5 inch hose ($1-2), or free if you have some laying around.

Slice the hose down the side...and slip it over the cable.

Completed product. Using this hose makes it a softer cushion for the cable-stop and reduces risk of beaking off the end of the cable as with other kinds of harsh spacer-mods.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Yea, I tried this, and being 6' 1" with long ass arms, its pretty hard to do this.

Blaster77

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
Yea, I tried this, and being 6' 1" with long ass arms, its pretty hard to do this.

Did you accomplish this? I'm 6'1'' as well, I just couldn't get it. I got someone who is 5'5 with scrawny hands that will probably do it for me.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Naw, what I found was, if you take off the throttle cable at the TB end, its a lot easier. I will try it again this weekend.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
know what make it easier? a g/f with much smaller hands and the ability to be flexible enough to cram under there.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
know what make it easier? a g/f with much smaller hands and the ability to be flexible enough to cram under there.

That works to....then she will make you dinner. Win win situation.

Blaster77

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
Naw, what I found was, if you take off the throttle cable at the TB end, its a lot easier. I will try it again this weekend.

THat makes sense because you will have so much more slack to work with....Good thinking :thumbsup:

Black Stang 97

Established Member
i just did this mod! feels better... im 6ft too and my big ole foot touched the carpet which i thought was gasing it all the way, but it was just my foot pushing against the carpet.... now i can tell its at WOT....:pepper:

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Just finished this on my 94 cobra...man what a difference! Mine needed it bad...had to use approx 1-3/4"...great mod! Now I can actually heel toe! It was a pain in the ass though...I'm 6'3ish/200lbs...tight fit under there...one suggestion, use two hose clamps if possible, if you only use one it will pop off one end...anyway, later. -J.

Blaster77

Established Member
Just finished this on my 95....feels so much better, and I unplugged the throttle cable from the throttle body like Midnight Cobra said. It made it so much easier to tighten the hose clamp.

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
Wait I have a question..when you take away the slack, besides feel, is there a difference? Like when you floor it, is it more open than before?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Supposedly you get better throttle response. And if for some reason you had to much slack your TB wasn't opening at WOT. But mostly people do it for heel/toe driving. I haven't tried this because I'm a tall guy and getting in there is very hard for me even after disconnecting the cable. I will try again this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread