Tight Spot in IRS rear...help

Huff035

Established Member
Well I went from an IRS to a solid and then back to an IRS, I got this rear from a member on here. It was supposed to be in good/working order, according to them. But that was a year ago because my car has been down since.

After recently putting the rear in and getting everything buttoned up I went to turn the drivers side rear tire and it wouldnt turn, passenger side will though (guessing because of the diff slipping). I then took the wheel back off and but a pry bar across the studs, it will turn but there is an extremely tight spot when turning it. Seems to spin fine backwards but gets tight turning it forwards.

The rear isnt making any odd noise when i do turn it, everything sounds normal.

Any help, is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

OW99

Established Member
Try removing that spindle with that halfshaft attached. See if the problem is either the hub bearing or the diff.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok, thanks. Ill def try that out. Anyone else?

If the halfshafts are at full droop they will turn with some resistance. If the rear suspension is in fact at full droop, stick a jack under each rear LCA and try it again.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Huff035

Established Member
If the halfshafts are at full droop they will turn with some resistance. If the rear suspension is in fact at full droop, stick a jack under each rear LCA and try it again.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Just the person I was hoping would post up!

It is at full droop and has been for a little while. Thanks for the tip, ill try this out first.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread