Ticking sound on 2013 boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosem32

Established Member
Mine is being fixed right now. I will post up the results and the parts used for the fix when I pick up the car.

rosem32

Established Member
Mine is being fixed right now. I will post up the results and the parts used for the fix when I pick up the car.

TSB 12-1-10 confirmed as the issue on my 2013 BOSS 302. The car is now fixed!:banana:

rosem32

Established Member
My car is smooth unless the trackey is in, then its all burbly with no rattle, get it done if you need it. It doesnt take long and it works.

86Fbody

Established Member
Is this an issue with all of the 5.0's? How could it happen to some but not all.

86Fbody

Established Member
I am starting to notice a tick but it is consistent and not like the ones in the videos, I also wonder if changing to a better belt that won't stretch as much if that would fix the issue and not require the TSB work be done.

sadil

Established Member
Anyone know if this TSB is applicable for 2013 cars, or if there is a new one. My dealer is saying my VIN isnt applicable, but I def. have this tick.

lpheaven

Established Member
Ill take a vid tomorrow mornin and post it up. I just have a steady tic tic tic tic tic
If this doesnt cause any damage I could really give a crap. Even though my mustang tech is A++ I dont want to tear shit down if not necessary

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I just got that idle tick after an oil change. It only ticks at idle though.

86Fbody

Established Member
I would think if it only ticks at idle and doesn't increase with RPM, which the bad tick seems to, then it is either valve clatter or the injectors. Noticed the tick on mine was more pronounced after removing the two black marshmellows.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Mine only ticks at idle and as soon as I rev it or drive off, it goes away and does come back till the car is idling again. So I guess I don't have the tick you guys are talking about?

lpheaven

Established Member
Here is the tic once warmed up.
Thoughts or comments appreciated
Thanks !
Rob

Edit for embed

[youtube_browser]UWaXeTYS9Ac[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Mine ticks on cold start and then goes away warm, always figured it was forged pistons as others have already pointed out.

86Fbody

Established Member
That I would have checked out, I believe mine only ticks when cold and so also chocked it up to being an issue with the forged pistons.

lpheaven

Established Member
OK got embed to work yay !

Here are a few blips right before lopey kicks in. I have kooks headers and cat deletes. Please let me know if the vacuum sound right before blip is normal. I never videoed before and can't hear this in the cabin.

Thoughts comments appreciated !!

Thanks
Rob

[youtube_browser]KJN4Ow8GfgI[/youtube_browser]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread