Ticking Noise

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Dudes,

Are these motors(5.8) noisy? I’ve got a tick at idle that disappears with exhaust note once revved passed idle. Is this normal?

Also, why isn’t there any trinity GT500s slapping Demons around on YouTube?

Thanks guys,
-A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I miss terminator talk. I’d have ten replies by now. You GT500 snowflakes.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Some of the 5.8s have the ticking sound at idle and some don't. Make sure you're running a Motorcraft filter but it doesn't mean anything is wrong, these engines are just kinda loud.

The 13/4 GT500 page isn't a crazy busy section. A lot of owners aren't on this forum, and only around 10k 13/14s were built, compared to the 20k terminators built. I wish this page was more like the terminator section.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Every Mustang I have had, since my first 92 LX 5.0, has had the "ticking" noise. No issues with any of them from it, heck no issues with any Blue Oval car I have owned.

My Legal council and marital therapist have recommended the following disclaimer to any statements I make, "Other's experiences and opinions may vary."

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Both my 2013 GT500 and my current 2014 GT500 engines are very quiet, my other 14 GT500 did have some ticking once it was was warmed up and my 08 GT500 was kinda the same.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Thanks guys!

And it’s very slight, I think it’s just the 4V sound, sounds like a terminator 4.6.

Btw - is the trinity engine the last modular motor?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys!

And it’s very slight, I think it’s just the 4V sound, sounds like a terminator 4.6.

Btw - is the trinity engine the last modular motor?

I believe so, I don't think the Coyotes are classified as modular engines, but I may be wrong

paluka21

Established Member
I've had mine evaluated by several Ford dealers and it is deemed perfectly normal. It's most likely due to a variance in tolerance in the motors that does not affect performance. My car dyno'ed over 600rwhp stock, so the performance is there.

RBB

Established Member
The original 5.4 in my car was quiet, the built and cammed 5.8 has a little tick at idle. It’s hit or miss, but nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread