Tick/knocking sounds started today help please

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ur GUESSING at this point! STOP driving it! U have something Cleary wrong! Could be a timing chain issue or something minor. Keep driving it and I guarantee it will turn into something MAJOR!

U need someone to tear it down. It doesn't seem valve train related its something inside ur motor. Its not gonna go away cause u drive it! Stop driving it and have it towed to a shop!

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Ur GUESSING at this point! STOP driving it! U have something Cleary wrong! Could be a timing chain issue or something minor. Keep driving it and I guarantee it will turn into something MAJOR!

U need someone to tear it down. It doesn't seem valve train related its something inside ur motor. Its not gonna go away cause u drive it! Stop driving it and have it towed to a shop!

All I can do is go by what the two mechanics that I’ve looked at my car have said. I have not been driving it at all since this happened. I have another car that I drive as my daily driver. Yes ultimately the engine will need to be torn down to find out ultimately what’s wrong with it as that is what my mechanic has told me that has my car in his shop.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Badaz01

Established Member
Well what was it the suspense is killing me. My 01 cobra has a tick noise to it not quite as slappy sounding as yours. I was told there are 32 valves in there and I am bound to hear a few. The car runs great and last week it dynoed 310 rwhp and 318 rwtq. No metal in the oil plugs looked great etc. I’m just gonna go with valvetrain noise for mine. Idk this kind of stuff worries me sick as well especially when I already have 16k in the car aside from purchase price to begin with.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Well what was it the suspense is killing me. My 01 cobra has a tick noise to it not quite as slappy sounding as yours. I was told there are 32 valves in there and I am bound to hear a few. The car runs great and last week it dynoed 310 rwhp and 318 rwtq. No metal in the oil plugs looked great etc. I’m just gonna go with valvetrain noise for mine. Idk this kind of stuff worries me sick as well especially when I already have 16k in the car aside from purchase price to begin with.

These motors are noisy. Mine was at a cold start and then really quieted down after warming up. If you are really sketched about it you can always do a compression test but honestly, it sounds like nothing then normal drivetrain noise.

Users who are viewing this thread