Thursday is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Well Thursday is the day I have been waiting for, my car will be ready!!!!!!!!!! Here is the story, built week of 9/9, delivered 9/27 and was supposed to pick up on 9/28. When I first looked at the car I was in awe, the DSG looks awesome in the sun. But on closer inspection I noticed something that looked like the paint was dripping down the bumper cover when the clear coat was applied. There was also an issue with one of the rear wheels. Surprisingly enough the dealer and the GM of the dealer ship agreed with me. So a new wheel was ordered and the car went to the body shop yesterday. They are repainting the front bumper cover. I was really pissed off at the whole situation but it was not the dealers fault it was Fords (nice quality control). I was talking to the GM of the dealer ship and told him that I felt Ford owed me something, right away he agreed and said they would give me a free extended warranty. He first came back to me with a 50k bumper to bumper and 75k power train. I thought this was great, what the hell right a free warranty. So today I went down to see how the car was coming, the new wheel was on and the bumper cover was being prepped for paint. The GM came over to me and said that with some more talking to Ford they were giving me a 100k bumper to bumper warranty. I wasn't even aware they had such a warranty. So the end of the story, Thursday is the day. I can't wait any longer.

lifter213

Established Member
Sounds good man :beer: Let us know how you like it!

Weasel

Established Member
03Shadow-

I took my 03 in for service on 10/1 at Framingham Ford and stopped to say hi to Mike Higginbotham, my 03 salesperson. He gave me some coffee and I asked how things were and asked if he sold any more 03s. Mine and one I recommended to him. He said that he's sold 4. And then told me the story of this shadow gray 03 that came in and the day before delivery, they pulled back the protective cover and saw the damage and the deal that Ford made to compensate.
In fact my car is still there. I took it in for the first service an to look into the high speed vibe. They ordered a d/shaft; should come today and I'll get it later. This is the first that I dealt with there service dept. and have to say that I was impressed by their cooperativity and willingness to fix it.
Good luck with your new 03.

Mike

f4sfed

Established Member
Congrats!!! :beer:

It's nice to hear about how the dealer is treating you, as well!

MAStanger

Established Member
Hey O3ShadowCobra,

What dealership did you get your 03 from (that is treating you so nicely)? That sounds fantastic! It certainly sounds like the place I should be taking mine, when I get it.

It sounds like I am a couple weeks behind you; mine is being built this week (also DSG!), for delivery to Bonnell Ford week of 10/14 (if I had listened to bassin from the start, I would have mine already, but I wasted time dealing with Rodman Ford). In the meantime, I just need to find a nice home for my 99 Cobra.

Good luck with it! I am sure you will love it!!

Mike S.

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by MAStanger
Hey O3ShadowCobra,

What dealership did you get your 03 from (that is treating you so nicely)? That sounds fantastic! It certainly sounds like the place I should be taking mine, when I get it.

Mike S.

It seemed to me that his dealer is Framingham Ford.
Both 03 shadow and my salesman told the same story.

Mike

CDCGraphic

Established Member
Hey all,

My wife and I just picked up our Shadow Grey Cobra Convertible yesterday from Framingham Ford and the experience was great. We actually had an order placed for a silver vert but we got the call that this one was available and we jumped on it! I'm actually bringing the car in tomorrow morning because the right channel on the radio doesn't work.... but other than that, the car is great! Blows our old GT away!

Anyway, good luck with your Cobras....

Chris.

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I have seen that vert at the dealer it came in last Wednesday or Thursday. Very sweet. I just got mine earlyer tonight.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I have seen that vert at the dealer it came in last Wednesday or Thursday. Very sweet. I just got mine earlyer tonight.

Congrats!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread