thumper cams

tj04cobra

Established Member
anybody run these? or know anybody that runs any of these? if so what kind of power is the car making with these cams? what other mods or bolt ons do you have to support as well? any help would be awesome. thanks.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
probably just need springs. fuel system should be ok. i have seen 20-40 rwhp gains depending on cams on the s197 3v's

tj04cobra

Established Member
They're worth it just for the sound!! Full exhaust and Thumper cams??? SEX!!

-Mike

Yeah that is what I found out. I installed some jba shorty header, bassani off road x pipe, pypes axle back exhaust and the muthathumper cams in a friends car and it does sound like pure sex. next time the car is in town (my friend is off to college a few hours away) I will take a video of it and post it up.

The only thing is the car didn't make **** for power. Took it to get tuned and thru a 2800 stall it made 258hp and 238tq :shrug:. This was on a dynojet. Now what do these cars make stock?

silverstang23

Established Member
25111d1174079936-2006-mustang-gt-stock-base-dyno-06-mustang-gt-dyno-3-15-07.jpg

This is what somebody on another forum's gt baselined at on a dynojet(so the #'s will be a little high). This should be comparable with your buddys car^^^^^^^

tj04cobra

Established Member
The shop where I had it tuned at had another automatic car there as well that had the stock converter, stock gear, thumper cams, kooks lts and catted x-pipe and bassani? axle back and it made 308hp and 306tq? I believe. I wasnt impressed at all on what this car made, cus that seems like close to stock numbers. oh well, its not my car. I just cared about all the parts I put on the car not coming apart LOL. My job was done. The whole project was a cluster**** as well.

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
Thank you!

Best ET to date is 12.87@111mph On street tires. Spun through 1st and 2nd with a 2.02 60ft! :bash:

hammerhead2

Established Member
The Thumper Cams require the phasor limiter but can use stock springs. Most dyno test I have seen suggest about 20-25 rwhp with these cams. My buddy had a set in his car with full exhaust and std bolt-on's it made about 340ish to the wheels. He has since steped up to Comps SPR series cams and is making about 360ish.

P.S. No they are not available for 03-04 cobras. They create a lot of overlap to get the sound which is not something you want to much of on a supercharged motor.

killr3v

Extreme Member
Established Member
Those are really low numbers on your friends car. There is definitely something wrong with the tune. Did he dyno the car before the cams?

Users who are viewing this thread