Throwout Bearing problems

VtekII

Established Member
A friend of mine has been working on a customers 04 Mach1. Hes put 2 throwout bearings in 5k miles i guess. it has a new ram clutch in it, and i guess they put a new cable and quadrant in it. but it for some reason keeps eating them. is there any specific problem with the mach 3650 that does this. I know in my 01 cobra the bearing squeaked but enganged and disengaged just fine all the 10k miles i put on it.

supposedly the kid turns it to 7k + rpms frequently... i dont know or understand why... but could this be a major factor in destroying the bearing?

My friend doing the work is very knowledgable in the LSX cars, but needs a little help with the Fords. Id appreciate any help you might be able to pass on for him.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
what brand TOB is he putting in there?

itd be helpful to know for sure thats it got an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster in it

has he checked where the tob rides to make sure its not worn abnormally?

VtekII

Established Member
first one was an oem i guess, and the 2nd was one from autozone. it does have an aftermarket quadrant, im not sure which one, but not a firewall adjuster.

and he said he checked out where the throwout bearing was riding and adjusted it so that it wasnt being ridden on while not in use.

Detroit

Established Member
Cant help out any, all I can say is that I have 14,000 on my Mach and my TOB squeaks if I get on it hard. It annoys me and I need to change it just havent had the chance. I have heard on M1R that the TOB is a common issue. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread