Throwback to 2004

fitforspeed

Established Member
You might have to fight Dom for it. @gimmie11s

Well I’ve never been one concerned much about a little dirt or blood for that matter. I’ll do what I gotta do. How about just a little friendly foot race to see who gets it? Brad you choose the distance. First one to reach the car gets the rights to purchase. Fair enough?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
In 2004, I wanted a Cobra so bad! I still had my ol Foxbody that I had just put a 306 down in her and planned on spraying a ton of nitrous to it.

Looking back, I wish I would’ve just bought one. I was making great money that year due to a career change, but instead bought a different truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stangfreak

Established Member
Adjusted for inflation a 2004 cobra would cost around 48,000 in 2020.

That's not a good deal. The regular GT now beats it's ass in every metric. I'm glad it's not 2004 anymore.

what kind of post is this lol. You are comparing a 18 year old car to a 2020 lol!! Now your calculating the inflation cost and what the car can do? lol come on son. x2c motorsports went 8s on the stock motor and the car literally just hit the show room floor. brian crane was going 9's with a 90K stock motor. Two members on modularfords.com were going 10.0 10.1 with 120,000 miles with the factory unopened motor. How is the car not a good deal? were you even around the car scene in 03? Mustang scene? yea, the 5.0 is more refined, newer motor, more technology. wtf do you expect? The cobra at its time, was ahead of a lot of cars. It wasn't the most refined but shit, do you remember back then what the LS guys were saying? what did ford have to compete? And they still bashed the cobra for having a blower. The cobra started a ruckus back then. But that was almost 18 years ago. It did what it had to do and it has nothing else to prove. 18 years later they are still coming out with new products for it, cobra vidoes on youtube are popping up like crazy and it just has a history now. It left its mark. A car doesn't have to be the fastest in the world to gain respect. My buddy put his cobra for sale and after two days he had to take it off the market bc he was getting bombed with emails, txts, phone calls, to the point where it got annoying. He didn't know so many people wanted it.

Again I am not saying the cobra is the BEST in the world because its not. Its not a perfect car, but its respected and won the hearts of a lot of people. It stirred up a lot of shit and to this day, people want it. New stuff gets made, technology gets refined, time goes on and things get better. The cobra may be not for you, great. But don't start talking shit and comparing it to a 2020 car lol. The fact that PEOPLE STILL COMPARE it to a new car, well, it says something.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I was 16 the first time I saw a sonic blue coupe.. That was it for me, after that its been a crazy obsession for the 03/04 cobras.. I don't think I'll never not have one in the garage

DRTYAPE_SRT

Established Member
Im originally from Elyria Ohio, I remember all of those lightnings and cobras as well as the gulf ford gt and a few other ford gt’s they had in the showroom.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
what kind of post is this lol. You are comparing a 18 year old car to a 2020 lol!! Now your calculating the inflation cost and what the car can do? lol come on son. x2c motorsports went 8s on the stock motor and the car literally just hit the show room floor. brian crane was going 9's with a 90K stock motor. Two members on modularfords.com were going 10.0 10.1 with 120,000 miles with the factory unopened motor. How is the car not a good deal? were you even around the car scene in 03? Mustang scene? yea, the 5.0 is more refined, newer motor, more technology. wtf do you expect? The cobra at its time, was ahead of a lot of cars. It wasn't the most refined but shit, do you remember back then what the LS guys were saying? what did ford have to compete? And they still bashed the cobra for having a blower. The cobra started a ruckus back then. But that was almost 18 years ago. It did what it had to do and it has nothing else to prove. 18 years later they are still coming out with new products for it, cobra vidoes on youtube are popping up like crazy and it just has a history now. It left its mark. A car doesn't have to be the fastest in the world to gain respect. My buddy put his cobra for sale and after two days he had to take it off the market bc he was getting bombed with emails, txts, phone calls, to the point where it got annoying. He didn't know so many people wanted it.

Again I am not saying the cobra is the BEST in the world because its not. Its not a perfect car, but its respected and won the hearts of a lot of people. It stirred up a lot of shit and to this day, people want it. New stuff gets made, technology gets refined, time goes on and things get better. The cobra may be not for you, great. But don't start talking shit and comparing it to a 2020 car lol. The fact that PEOPLE STILL COMPARE it to a new car, well, it says something.
I'm going to add to the good stuff you said there. Back in 2003-2004, the Cobra was a high-point, and it amazed a lot of people. It was THE hot ticket. Those who bought them, raved about them. Mods were abundant and easy installs for just about anyone. Car show/cruise spectators would gawk in wonder and ask a lot of questions. Most knew very little about the 2003-2004 Cobra, so conversations at the shows, cruises, tracks, gas stations were common and fun. And here we are 16+ years later and they still raise eyebrows and garner a lot of attention. They're also often prefered to the newer Mustangs.

Are they a bit crude? Yep, but there are a lot of people who prefer that edgy crudeness, even today. ;)

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Wish they still made the Lightning for a similar price. Had to build my own which is fine but it’d be nice to have a legit option from Ford other than a $80-90k marked up f150 with a roush blower.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure people still absolutely love 5.0's and we're going on 34+ years of them STILL being around and tons of parts STILL being made for them. 03/04's are no different.

Users who are viewing this thread