Throwback to 2004

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
scanned disc 2 285.jpg

In May 2004 I dropped by Mike Bass Ford in Elyria OH for a warranty issue with my 2003 Lightning. They had the entrance to the dealership lined with their leftover new 2003's. I was so shocked at the number of leftovers they had that I took a picture of them. Starting with Lightnings, they had 2 red, 2 Sonic Blue, 2 Black and 1 dark shadow grey left, 2 03 Harley Davidson F-150's both with the two tone anniversary paint scheme, and 6 thunderbirds of assorted colors. In the showroom they had 5 03 Cobra's including a silver anniversary vert with the anniversary wheels and two tone seats, and a mystichrome vert. The picture I should have taken was in the showroom!

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
I had been a member of this forum for over a year before I took that picture. I had owned two new cobra's and that 03 lighting was my 2nd new lighting. I've owned a couple more in the years since then. I also had a 02 Harley Davidson F-150 with 16psi of boost at that time.

stangfreak

Established Member
Damn where has the time gone. I remember in 2003, we used to go to newins ford here on long island. They had a huge inventory of saleen mustangs. They used to line up every color saleen in front of the dealership. I wish I took pics. They had more in the back and in the show room, they had two 03 cobra's. Also next to the cobras, they had the lizstick red saleen.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I remember North Bros Ford in Michigan having a line up of Terminators back in 03. It had to have been like 6 Terminators in a row. I was 13 then and would ride my bike up there and drool over them.

Now sadly the same area is full of F150s and suvs and they have maybe 5 Mustangs total on their lot at one time.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Man brings back memories of me and my dad going out on Friday nights looking at the Cobras, Lightnings and the Mach 1.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember North Bros Ford in Michigan having a line up of Terminators back in 03. It had to have been like 6 Terminators in a row. I was 13 then and would ride my bike up there and drool over them.

Now sadly the same area is full of F150s and suvs and they have maybe 5 Mustangs total on their lot at one time.

I used to live in that area. I remember North Bros having an amazing selection. That and briarwood ford in Ann Arbor having a ton of left over 04's. I remember taking a picture. I really wish I know where its at. My buddy got a killer deal on a black 04 coupe with black inserts. I wanna say he got 2500 off sticker but I could be wrong. He was 18 at the time and worked 2 jobs to pay for it LOL. He ended up selling it a few years later for nothing IMO. All it had was a catback and intake with 16k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread