Throw out bearing? big gears?

boxinabag

Established Member
Hey guys, I got my car yesterday, and I am pretty sure it was used as a drag car in the past few months. So ofcourse, I am having a few issues with it.

I am making multiple posts in the right forums, so this one will be about the drive train of it.

The first thing I noticed was when the clutch is fully released, I hear a squeek, but if I barely push it, I AM JUST TOUCH IT, it stops.. throw out bearing? If I am replacing that I will replace the clutch as well cause its gonna be a big pain I am guessing since it has BBK long tubes installed. So does that sound like a throw out bearing? and if so, what clutch should I get?

My next problem I noticed is kind of funny. I was following my buddy back with the car yesterday and called him and was like "man, slow down" he replies asking why, "well were doing 90.." , than he tells me we were only doing 70..gah.. so I figured the rear end is built and they didnt calibrate the speedo or tune it or IDK, I have never messed with the rear end in any car.

So my question is, what size gears do you think these are that cause a 20+ MPH increase when cruising at 70? I am pretty sure they are atleast 4.10s, if so I want to put 3.73s in, I hear 4.10s are just too much if your not dragging the car.

So what do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread