throttle body

BosettiStang

Established Member
I have a 98 gt and I am thinking about getting a new throttle body. i am looking at BBk 70 mm or 75mm, my mustang is mostly stock and i was wondering if a 75mm throttle body is to big for what I need.
also I was wondering if any one knew what the stock throttle body size is.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Hi Rob, nice to see another '98 GT on here. I'm not sure what the stock size of the throttle body is. What mods have you done to your car? Have you ever taken it to the track? Last spring I took mine and the best I could do was 14.8@93 in the 1/4. Since then I have replaced all the exhaust but haven't made it back to the track. I'm hoping for a 14.2 when I go again next spring.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
If your car is pretty much stock, your not gonna want to go with bigger than a 70mm I think...not sure though?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by BosettiStang
I have a 98 gt and I am thinking about getting a new throttle body. i am looking at BBk 70 mm or 75mm, my mustang is mostly stock and i was wondering if a 75mm throttle body is to big for what I need.
also I was wondering if any one knew what the stock throttle body size is.

A bigger TB on a pretty close to stock engine won't give you any benefits. From what I have seen it will give you maybe two horsepower if you are lucky, nothing at all, or make you loose a couple of horsepower. I wouldn't waste the money, get some gears, a shifter, complete exhaust upgrade and if you don't plan on going with forced induction get some under drive pullies.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If you just do the TB and no MAF your wasting your money. You need to open the whole intake tract up if your going to do that. but I agree with Booyah, he's on the right track.

Users who are viewing this thread