Thoughts

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am 03-04 swapping my 02 GT convertible and I was initially going t swap in the IRS after giving it the FTBR treatment. Well I have decided to just use the SRA I have as I have most of the stuff to do the rear.

Here is what I have so far:
J&M Street/Race Rear Control Arms Upper and Lower
Koni Yellows
H&R SS Springs
Strange 31 spline axles
Eaton Detroit True Trac

This, for the most part, a street car to cruise in with my wife and daughter on nice days. Trips to the parks, date nights, etc... I may hit some True Street events with it until my Coupe is finished. The car should make 650ish rwhp as the combo is -5cc Gibtecs, 05 aluminum block, 03 heads with valve job and pocket port, Crower 62822 cams, longtubes, and a VMP Gen 2 TVS with 3.1" upper and 2lb lower on E85.

Here is what I was thinking of finishing out the rear with:
FRPP 3.55s
BMR Mustang Torque Box Reinforcement Plate Kit - Hammertone TBR004H (79-04 All) - Free Shipping
and either
T/X Extreme 8.8 Axle Brace Part # CHE9C for 79-04 Mustang
or
Track Attack Rear Suspension Axle Brace Part # CHE9D for 79-04 Mustang
I was also thinking about swapping out the body side spherical bushings on the UCAs for Prothane ones.

I plan to ditch the quadshocks.

I thought about a Panhard Bar and Torque Arm but I am not up for modifying the exhaust and I know at my power level MM says I am overworking it.

Tires plans are Toyo R888 or R888Rs in 18x10s and then I have some 17x10.5s I plan on getting MT ET Street Rs.

What are some thoughts on the setup?

Users who are viewing this thread