Thoughts on these jack stands

Blown38

Established Member
Pretty nifty. What would really be trick is if you could drive onto them first so you dont have to position the jack under the car at all. Some race ramps would probably work. I should sell them that idea.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
What about something similar with an airbag in it? drive over it, hook up compressor and start lifting the car?

*patent pending ****ers.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
those are actually really cool. i thought it was way too $ till i saw him jacking up the actual stand lol.

Voltwings

Established Member
95% of what i do when i lift the car though is tires and brakes ... doesn't do me much good -_- It is a pretty nifty idea though.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I liked those jack stands till I saw that he had to jack the car up then put those under the wheels. When I saw the first pic I was hoping there was something that let you drive up on them and then us the jack to raise them up. Then I watched the video and was disappointed. Cool idea though.

Those are expensive and look like a jigsaw puzzle. I just have the ramps and thinking about getting the wheel cradles for the rear.

Speed Junky

Established Member
I agree with Voltwings, most of what I do involves taking the wheels off for easier access. Cool design though!

vortecd

Established Member
Unless you are under your car every week, too much money. And like other said useless if you need to take the tires off. I'm sure they work for some people

MFE

Established Member
They look great for the few times you have to do extensive exhaust or trans work. No good at all when it comes to wheels/tires/brakes/suspension.

mavisky

Established Member
If there was a way I could drive onto those 4 post jackstands and then jack my car up I may be interested. But by the time I have the car up enough to get those under the tires I could have just used my jack and regular jackstands and then had the ability to take the wheels off.

0104151605_zpsmzldraa7.gif

My only problem is that I'm going to need a slimmer jack than my trusty old aluminum craftsman if I go any lower with this car. It's all I can do to use this jack at the current ride height.

Users who are viewing this thread