Thoughts on resonators for full 3 inch

mattmynhier

Established Member
Ordering new kooks soon. Going with the 1 3/4 to a 3 inch O/R x pipe. Then having custom 3 inch pipes to the back. Wondering the thoughts on a good resonator for the 3 inch. Or just go straight out the back w/o any resonator.

Before people start talking about how it will sound like ass, I've had a M-55 and have an M-58 on my car currently.
I love the sound of the M-55 and this is pretty much the same setup as the M-55. Thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GodStang

Established Member
So you basically you want a 3" M55 it sounds like. With exhaust sound it is like women there are so many types and each guy has their own favorite type of lady. We can't tell you what you like. Pull up some videos listen to some good clips and see what you like.

I for one loved the M58 had it on my 01 but hated the M55 so for me I would not like 3" resonators but again not my car.

Comp04svt

Established Member
Last edited:

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
I have four kooks mufflers on mine with a full 3" setup and a custom built H-pipe -- I love it. You could do the same setup without the larger mufflers. Kooks is just a bit pricey. My setup is based on a YouTube video I saw from Kooks.

Forward set I have:
https://www.kooksheaders.com/accessories/mufflers/muffler-881.html

Rear set:
https://www.kooksheaders.com/accessories/mufflers/muffler-883.html

06dc1e1675f2b6721c383cb74a79a3fb.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
image.jpeg
Vibrant sells a quality 3" resonator.

I'm turbo, but here's my exhaust. Just 1/5/8-3" cg fab ff headers, 3" downpipes, and 3" back. Did the resonators because it droned too much. Now it's almost as loud as it was, but cleaner and still pretty lopey (mmr cams), but quiet enough for street use.

(Before anyone says that cooler is mounted badly, it has a heat coated air damn now. And the entire echaust is coated as well. I can touch the pipes right after dyno pulls. Maybe gets to 100-110°)

badmpg03

Established Member
View attachment 89951 Vibrant sells a quality 3" resonator.

I'm turbo, but here's my exhaust. Just 1/5/8-3" cg fab ff headers, 3" downpipes, and 3" back. Did the resonators because it droned too much. Now it's almost as loud as it was, but cleaner and still pretty lopey (mmr cams), but quiet enough for street use.

(Before anyone says that cooler is mounted badly, it has a heat coated air damn now. And the entire echaust is coated as well. I can touch the pipes right after dyno pulls. Maybe gets to 100-110°)

Pretty clean. Got any sound clips? That looks pretty sweet setup
I've been wanting to hear a good sounding TT stang with mufflers all the way out the back

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That's a solid recommendation. I'm happy with it. I have twin t4's so it's not too loud in my opinion. My catless dr.gas 2.5" xpipe/2.5" magnaflow cat back combo on my original eaton 4.6 with stock exhaust manifolds was actually quite a bit louder driving around town.

I'll try to upload vids. I have tons of them but they aren't on a website, just on my phone. When I try to upload it says bad source :-/

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Wow that actually worked. Ok here's a better one

It's not omg loud, even wide open throttle it's quieter than most o/r ts cars around here. Turbos are natural mufflers.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Alright, thread hijack done, so back to 3" resonators. I like them. On an sc car it will be obnoxiously loud though...

badmpg03

Established Member
That's a solid recommendation. I'm happy with it. I have twin t4's so it's not too loud in my opinion. My catless dr.gas 2.5" xpipe/2.5" magnaflow cat back combo on my original eaton 4.6 with stock exhaust manifolds was actually quite a bit louder driving around town.

I'll try to upload vids. I have tons of them but they aren't on a website, just on my phone. When I try to upload it says bad source :-/

Car sounds awesome my friend. Thanks for the vids :D

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks man, it's crude but I like it. CG fab headers, 3" down pipes, stainless works plumbing with x pipe, vibrant resonators.

Users who are viewing this thread