Thoughts on buying this 93 Lightning

NAVIG8ER

Established Member
Talked the seller down to 4500. My concerns are the tranny at 213k miles, hes the 3rd owner, he told me he has towed his car with it which I didnt think using this truck for towing was smart. Thoughts??

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4750924972.html

You can pick this truck up for a lot less than $6000! "All original", I'd double check that...also, there are a lot of parts that you just cannot find anymore, check out the interior as well. Do some shopping on what you would want to do with the truck before you buy one. You may find that owning a newer model would be cheaper since parts are prevalent!

bruin27

Established Member
You can pick this truck up for a lot less than $6000! "All original", I'd double check that...also, there are a lot of parts that you just cannot find anymore, check out the interior as well. Do some shopping on what you would want to do with the truck before you buy one. You may find that owning a newer model would be cheaper since parts are prevalent!

I was able to get him down to 4500, after getting some more info from him I'm starting to consider against it. He said the engine is rebuilt but has no receipts, said the previous owner said it was and he took his word for it, plus with the carfax it shows an estimated 6 owners from being used in Wisconsin, Idaho, California , he says it only has 1 rust spot on the roof but seems unlikely that is the "only" rust spot...

My problem is I can't seem to find one of these 1st gen's under 5000 in good condition, I just don't like the body of the gen 2s otherwise I would just buy one of those..

Users who are viewing this thread