Thoughts on a 2013 Boss vs 2012 GT500 purchase

Cobra1776

Established Member
Which would you choose and why.I would definitely supercharge the boss, so that’s a moot point. Which one is better I.e engine,transmission etc. Thanks for any info.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Since you're going to put a blower on it, I assume you're not interested in road course or autocross events.

What will you be primarily using it for? Dragstrip or street?

If dragstrip then I think the Boss would be better because of the lighter block and with a blower you'll have more HP & torque than the GT500. Before the cost of mods, It might be cheaper than the GT500.

But if the Boss you're looking at is stock, modding it may diminish it's value. If investment value is even a concern for you.

If you're using it for the street and you intend to keep the GT500 stock (if it's still stock), then it might be a better way to go.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
2012 is sorta out dated imo. With the 13 u get the LED brake lights and HID headlights and a better looking dash. Id go with the Boss and put a blower on it.

But ur stuck with a stick shift either way and thats not a good option imo. Id look at something that has a 6r80 in it.

The stick shift is garbage and wont hold up when trying to make any real power plus ull get gapped by a slower car if its an auto.

I had a 2012 GT with a TVS and had to put a T56 in it and it still sucked especially when racing an auto and losing half a car length everytime I shifted smfh so lame. Went 6r80 Turbo and never looked back. It was a stick shift car at first then converted to a 6r80.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
That MT82 is made out of paper mache and popsicle sticks. It is the weak point of the boss imo and Ford should be ashamed of using that transmission.

I would plan on a built transmission for the boss or a swap regardless if you go forced induction or not.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
That MT82 is made out of paper mache and popsicle sticks. It is the weak point of the boss imo and Ford should be ashamed of using that transmission.

I would plan on a built transmission for the boss or a swap regardless if you go forced induction or not.

This right here. I had a 14 GT track pack, and a 17 GT trackpack. Both MT-82’s. The sticking to the floor board after some shifts was garbage. They get hot and lose their way. My buddy upgraded his MT-82 by a reputable shop, and it was never the same when he got it back. It also depends on your use of course. As stated above if it’s road course and such going with a blower isn’t really relevant, if it’s a fun street / strip car I’d say pony up a little bit more change and get a 13/14.

Cobra1776

Established Member
Primarily a street car with an occasional trip to the track, are the auto swap in the boss easily doable?

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Just my opinion and probably not a popular one but a automatic in a sports car is like ****ing a broad with someone else's dick. I understand the benefits of newer auto transmissions...and I don't care. I'd rather drive a slow manual than any automatic. But I also have the mentality of a 86 year old man that can't keep the kids off his lawn.

noco5.0

Established Member
My Boss is supercharged and the MT82 with a better clutch and Barton shifter has been fine. Not the best transmission by far and I don't beat on the car very often but have done both auto cross and open lapping days at our road course. I also have a 14 GT500 honestly if I had to get rid of one might lean towards letting the Shelby go.

Users who are viewing this thread