Those with Long Tubes...

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
Whats the ground clearance? I am thinking about these, but i dont want to open myself up with ongoing problems...liked crushed collector or exhaust leaks or whatever. Almost seems some mid lengths are the way to go. Anyone know of a good price on some?

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
I have full lengths on my car right now they are bbk's and they dont scrape at all. The car is lowered quite a bit, when it does scrape it is the cats that do it. Although I did have hooker headers and those leaked/scraped like a some bitc*

WDW MKR

Established Member
The MAC LT headers have the best clearance of any that I've seen. Also, they don't have the crushed driver side primary like the BBK headers. The SW also have good clearance. It looks to be a little less than that of the MAC headers, but still pretty good.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
The MAC LT headers have the best clearance of any that I've seen. Also, they don't have the crushed driver side primary like the BBK headers. The SW also have good clearance. It looks to be a little less than that of the MAC headers, but still pretty good.

Exactly. From what I have seen the new MAC's have the best clearance of all the LT's. My car is pretty damn low and I have not scraped my collectors once. My midpipe hangs lower than the collectors. And they dont have the kink like the BBk's.

Hye

Established Member
crizzut said:
must be nice to live where the smog nazis aren't, I think we have one set of shorty headers in Cali that are CARB stamped

these engine bays are so tightly packed, no smog nazi is going to see long tubes atleast under the car. worse case scenario you hack up your stock h to mate up with your longtubes at the time you smog, and I would just try and pass with my catted x pipe with long tubes rather than fabbing up an h.

GodStang

Established Member
car072.jpg

car069.jpg

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
thanks for all the replies! Those LT do hang low. I may just save myself the hassle and go with the mids.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
i have kooks w/ MM coilovers all the way around...mine is lower than Godstang's picture above...had them on for about 2-3 weeks and have not scraped yet. my car is not a daily driver so i can be picky about where i drive it.

WDW MKR

Established Member
KENZILLA said:
thanks for all the replies! Those LT do hang low. I may just save myself the hassle and go with the mids.

The MAC LTs are tucked up way more than those in the above picture. They are even with the bottom of my MM FLSC, which is about where the UPR x-pipe hung with factory manifolds. You can't ask for more than that!

crizzut

Established Member
Hye06 said:
these engine bays are so tightly packed, no smog nazi is going to see long tubes atleast under the car. worse case scenario you hack up your stock h to mate up with your longtubes at the time you smog, and I would just try and pass with my catted x pipe with long tubes rather than fabbing up an h.

I know some retards that will look under the car to check the midpipes :bored:

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
crizzut said:
I know some retards that will look under the car to check the midpipes :bored:

Which is what they are supposed to do. I would say that the lesson here is if you have to have your car smog checked....and that check includes a visual inspection (most do), then be prepared to have to R & R your headers every year....long tubes or mids.

Users who are viewing this thread