Those with hood pins

venomboysvt

Established Member
got my cobra r hood on, and i need to put on some hood pins so i dont lose it. Where exatly are you suppose to drill the holes at. Also some pics, or measurements woul help.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I gotta ask. What does anyone need hood pins for? I can see the need if it's an all out drag car doing 150 + down the track but for your street car it seems kinda pointless. Not flaming, just wondering.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Sapperstang said:
I gotta ask. What does anyone need hood pins for? I can see the need if it's an all out drag car doing 150 + down the track but for your street car it seems kinda pointless. Not flaming, just wondering.

Depending on the hood it may not sit 100% perfect. I know i got my stangparts hood on and adjusted it as much as possible but the hood still shook a little at 90 mph or so. I dont like hood pins but i wanted them for safety reasons. After i installed them the hood was solid!

my old car (pins not in obviously):
saleen_017.jpg

mustangGT04

Established Member
Sapperstang said:

I have them on my car because my hood flew up on me doing 70, and smashed my windshield. Some after market hoods don't close right, and shake.

venomboysvt

Established Member
Sapperstang said:

To answer this, I dont want to be the guys losing a fiberglass hood on the freeway. I didnt know that you needed hood pins for fiberglass hoods until i put it on, and it almost flew off. I really dont like pins, but they are needed and didnt come out looking to bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread