Those with Flomaster what mid-pipe?

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
People that have the Flowmaster cat-back what mid-pipe are you using? I have heard that it is best to use an H-pipe with chambered mufflers however; I want to hear from anybody with any combination.

My goal is to increase sound but still maintain the mean muscle car sound I currently have with the Flowmaster cat-back. Sound first power second.

Yes, I know that the Stinger and Bassani are nice sounding, loud, blablabla... The reason I chose the Flows was for a classic sound and a wife thing.

M@

Quick03SVT

Established Member
Get a Prochamber or MAC O/R H. I don't have this setup on my '03 but did on my GTs and it was awesome! I was going to go with this on my '03 until I heard SaleenCobra's LTs and now I am goign with MAC LTs, MAC H along with my Flow Cat-back. It is goign to sound amazing!

BTW -- the Flows just sound awesome even with the Stock H!

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Get a Prochamber or MAC O/R H. I don't have this setup on my '03 but did on my GTs and it was awesome! I was going to go with this on my '03 until I heard SaleenCobra's LTs and now I am goign with MAC LTs, MAC H along with my Flow Cat-back. It is goign to sound amazing!
I am considering the LTs and H from MAC as well. My 01 GT had Bassani O/R X and cat-back it was vicious loud but just a little to high pitched for my taste. A lot of people have said that the higher pitch comes from not using cats.:shrug: Thanks for the suggestion

Quick03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
I am considering the LTs and H from MAC as well. My 01 GT had Bassani O/R X and cat-back it was vicious loud but just a little to high pitched for my taste. A lot of people have said that the higher pitch comes from not using cats.:shrug: Thanks for the suggestion

Every X I have heard has that high pitch sound. This is the reason I cannot stand them. I have never heard an H with high pitch sound. Only the defening muscle rumble I love so much.

03'Darin

Established Member
I have the FM cat back and loved the sound with the stock H-pipe. It had that subtle muscle car rumble. I came across a deal on a BBK catted X-pipe and decided to go that route. The interior sound level has increased drastically while the tailpipe tone has taken on that high pitched indy car type sound. I think the high flow cats have caused the exhaust to be louder while the X-pipe has caused the high pitch tone.

Try an H or stick with stock is my suggestion.

Darin

Matt03

Established Member
Check my sig. This combo is awsome. If you don't want it to be real loud I would suggest using a catted h-pipe though, instead of the o/r h-pipe.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Thanks for the info everyone.
And wouldn't you know my f**king sig didn't show up again. This has been happening alot. I can't figure it out.
Hey Matt are you using the Quick Reply if so make sure you check the box that says Signature. I believe it is unchecked by default

Matt03

Established Member
Thanks for the info everyone.

Hey Matt are you using the Quick Reply if so make sure you check the box that says Signature. I believe it is unchecked by default

Thanks Snake - Shadow that was it! I never took notice to it before.

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Thanks Snake - Shadow that was it! I never took notice to it before.
No Problem. See us network admins are good for something...

Now that I see your sig you are using the BBK lts and H. I will have to check that out :read:

Last edited:

Matt03

Established Member
The setup that I have gives you that deep muscle car sound at idle, but it is loud as hell when you get on it. It doesn't bother me, but you tend to get a lot of unwanted attention (cops).

Quick03SVT

Established Member
No Problem. See us network admins are good for something...

Now that I see your sig you are using the BBK lts and H. I will have to check that out :read:

SaleenCobra has the BBK LTs with X (not sure what his CatBack is) and let me tell you from personal experience that his sytem will shake your teeth lose! It is awesome but I am going to try the H to see if I can get a little deeper tone.

tony_03COBRA

Established Member
I have mac o/r H and flowmaster catback. Sounds awesome. Mean as all hell. Peolpe always ask if iam flooring it when i leave there house or something, "Nope just driving normal." It is loud when you get on it.

Users who are viewing this thread