Those with Boss IM and 90mm TB Come In

nosscort

Established Member
so Are you guys just going to make a gasket based off the template?

Grabberblu do you have anymore?

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
Steve,'sorry. I will ship out today.. Nosscort. Sorry, only made 3. Maybe one of the will pass one one to you. I had a guy at work who I dont know too well to cut them. Would hate to ask him again..

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Steve,'sorry. I will ship out today.. Nosscort. Sorry, only made 3. Maybe one of the will pass one one to you. I had a guy at work who I dont know too well to cut them. Would hate to ask him again..

Could I talk you into emailing me the dxf or dwg file? I have access to a water jet and would like to have it for the future. [email protected]

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Sure, iges.dxf, mc6?
Just let me know.
We used .06" aluminum.
I will email later today.

Sweet, .dxf is fine, if anyone is needing one I can contact the Water Jet operator and talk to him about getting some cut. He charges me $15 an hour for work, plus materials and has a very slow turn around time. Usually takes him about 2-3 weeks to cut anything I order. Would probably cost about $6-10 dollars to make one.

Last edited:

Grabberblumaico

Established Member
Sweet, .dxf is fine, if anyone is needing one I can contact the Water Jet operator and talk to him about getting some cut. He charges me $15 an hour for work, plus materials and has a very slow turn around time. Usually takes him about 2-3 weeks to cut anything I order. Would probably cost about $6-10 dollars to make one.
Emailed you the file.. :loser:

SteveC

Established Member
What are you guys using to clean the intake out after you port it? I don't have access to a parts washer and don't want to buy one just for this if I don't have to.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I use hot water on new ones, but if it has oil residue i use a mixture of dawn dish detergent and use a an electric leaf blower to dry them out. Sounds funny, but actually works really good lol.

SteveC

Established Member
I use hot water on new ones, but if it has oil residue i use a mixture of dawn dish detergent and use a an electric leaf blower to dry them out. Sounds funny, but actually works really good lol.

Yeah mine is used with a bit of oil residue in it so I will just use some dish detergent. Haha that does sound sort of funny using a leaf blower but yet clever at the same time. Thanks for the tip!

SteveC

Established Member
Anyone use their template to port the TB opening yet?? I missed the mailman yesterday so I am hopefully stopping at the post office on my way home to snag my template. My 90mm TB comes in tomorrow so I was going to compare how it matches and pick up some gasket material too.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Anyone use their template to port the TB opening yet?? I missed the mailman yesterday so I am hopefully stopping at the post office on my way home to snag my template. My 90mm TB comes in tomorrow so I was going to compare how it matches and pick up some gasket material too.

I have been super busy and haven't been able to mess with mine. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow night.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Just had it cut on the water jet, thanks Grabberblumaico, you saved me the design time!
20140318_1226001.jpg

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Custom JLT 4" CAI

Today was the first day I have been able to play with my intake set-up in the last 2 weeks due to work….sorry for the delay :bash:
Since the goal here is a "Max-Effort" Boss, I knew my JLT CAI would not be the best choice. I considered getting switching to an Airaid Parnelli Jones (Expensive as hell), but since I already had a painted JLT with maybe 200 miles on it, I decided to "modify" it….As we all know, the JLT necks down to around 80ish mm at the TB, and since the MAF section of the JLT just over 4" (4.22" I believe it was), I decided to keep that part and remove the narrow neck down section of the intake. Let me know what you guys think.

Stock JLT w/ new 4" ID 60 degree Coupling:

IMG_1190_zps1b2ae6e6.jpg

IMG_1191_zpsb87dc949.gif

Narrow Section Cut:

IMG_1192_zpsb912800c.gif

IMG_1198_zps7a17530f.gif

Finished Product:

IMG_1197_zpsc6562a18.gif

IMG_1196_zpsb0a2e5cb.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread