"those will be limited production"

bumplime

Established Member
Couldn't believe it. Spoke to the Fleet manager at one of the dealerships I do business with about what kind of deal he would work for me and he gave me the line. I told him, no they aren't, nor we're they ever and they're not about to be in the future. Asked him if he could do 500-1000 over Msrp...probably not but he'd do Msrp and no Adm. Told him I'd wait a little while. Then I got the "most dealers will only get 1-2". I said remember that in December,maybe we can work a deal then. This dealership has 1-2 GT500s on their lot every month or so.
I'm just curious, do these guys not know how many cars Ford will produce or what? He is a good guy, doesn't seem full of BS and has worked me some good deals in the past.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Please explain where youve got this information. My understanding is that Ford will build as many as they can sell/ are ordered. Thats from sources here so maybe theyre wrong

Heard the same as you. Will build as many as they can sell. I have not heard anything about a limited number, cept from dealers who think your dumb or desperate.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
the only limit will be the initial allocation, so ive heard from sources...once thats then then dealers can do factory stock orders, or in other words " as many orders as they get"

Lemers

Established Member
The dealers are just trying to keep the hype up to charge as much as they want. Im sure these are the same dealers that sold people 2010 GTs while telling everyone that the 2011s were going to be upgraded.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I got 6 last year....and we sell a lot on Stangs..hope to get 10 this year...have more
customers than cars...all were told MSRP..for ordered cars. Waiting for Ford to get off
their ass and let me know how many allocations....production is slated for May 17th or
so.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Didn't the lead engineer for SVT say himself they would build as many as demand called for? That is direct from Ford so I believe pro ADM dealers can't say limited production is a cause to drive up prices.......which is fantastic.

R1Lello

Established Member
guys........don't fall for this crap again!!! it's not rare and it's not limited. People will put deposits on them, then bail for whatever reason, and besides that, there will be plenty. Don't give in to these stupid aZZ dealers.

RTD

Established Member
the only limit will be the initial allocation, so ive heard from sources...once thats then then dealers can do factory stock orders, or in other words " as many orders as they get"

This.

If you want one from the first batch that's going to hit dealers, you MIGHT have to pay a slight ADM, depending on where you live.

If you can wait a month or two after that point, it should be treated like any other car where MSRP is the MOST anyone should pay, and ideally you negotiate to some figure between invoice and MSRP.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
The Boss will be more limited than the GT500.

True.

Especially now that the GT500 is basically a Boss with loads more power.

The Boss was the car to have.

But it looks like the boss will now be for those who want more than a GT, but cannot afford the GT500.

Which is the way it should be.

Lemers

Established Member
I've checked out SAI packages and cars. It all seems very expensive for what is a tuned mustang GT (please don't flame me I know not what I say)

Users who are viewing this thread