Those doing trans swaps/coyote swap - big thanks to STIFFLERS quick read.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Did a coyote swap to my 97 saleen and ordered a Stifflers t56 crossmember for my swap, arrived quickly and was a quality piece. However it did not fit properly and required over 30 minutes of torching and hammering to a pulp to get it to work.

Brian at Stifflers found my thread and told me I had ordered the wrong part number and to call him to get the issue resolved or come up with a solution. Well, I told him thanks in the thread but never called.

Fast forward to last Wednesday where I was on vacation at Mustang Week and there he was at a vendor tent for their cross members and parts. I walked up and introduced myself and he said he wanted to take a look. So here we are in 85+* heat and I jacked up my car and supported it and Brian got right under there in the middle of the parking lot and confirmed that I had the wrong part and chuckled at my marvelous hammer smashing work.

He walks me back to his stand and gives me a BRAND NEW crossmember, stickers and showed me his this one was a different variation and set the crossmember back more to fit my application for FREE. I could not believe it, never in the history of modding cars have I ever been thrown a bone or given anything like that.

So a huge Thankyou to Brian at STIFFLERs and I highly recommend their products, they stand behind everything and definitely care about their customers in my eyes.

This will be the first of many purchases from them. So if any of you are doing auto to stick, or 5 to 6 speed or anything custom they have it or can make it custom 1 off for you. No disappointments here and had to share my positive experience for others to help feel more comfortable with who to trust for purchases.

Thanks again for making my car, and my trip a hell of a lot better!

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Always good to read stuff like this. I had a Kenny Brown matrix system put in my car and I'm happy with it but shortly after that I saw the Stifflers stuff reviewed in MM&FF and couldn't help to think that it looked like it would've been easier to install.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
that's awesome. I need to pick up some of their subframe connectors

Josh662234

Established Member
was yours the blue saleen ?

Yeah that is his car. The tire shredding Monster that should have won the burnout competition ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406035461.790205.jpg

I was there and definitely shocked when he came back with free parts! I took a stroll right over to the Stifflers tent to see what they had to offer. Stand up company that got my attention

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
yes they are a great company was yours the blue saleen ?

Agreed, and yes it was that's the car.

that's awesome. I need to pick up some of their subframe connectors

Yes get on that ASAP, stiffen up your storm trooper lol

Wow very cool, Nice to know that they're great vendors out there that want to make it right.

I agree, they went above and beyond my expectations so I am very happy.

Thanks everyone for reading and chiming in, I appreciate it.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Always love reading these kind of posts and seeing how vendors support the guys who get dirty. MGW did the same for me back in the day when they were first developing their shifters & handles.

Looks like I'll be ordering a trans cross member....might as well do it when I have my engine/tranny out. I'll give Stifflers a call this week.

Thanks for posting up about your experience!!!!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Awesome to hear Christian. Great companies make this sport. I'll be checking out their website some more.

I also am somehow not even surprised anymore that you don't win the burnout competition. It seems like every year you do the best one and don't get picked. Unbelievable. Got to hand it to you for still going out there :beer: Need the tires that smoke red lol.

Users who are viewing this thread